Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-03-18 17:12:08

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Certainly Quotes - II

Certainly Quotes - II

1. If so many men, so many minds, certainly so many hearts, so many kinds of love. - Leo Tolstoy

2. I've been... chased by paparazzi, and they run lights, and they chase you and harass you the whole time. It happens all over the world, and it has certainly gotten worse. You don't know what it's like being chased by them. - Tom Cruise

3. An artist needn't be a clergyman or a churchwarden, but he certainly must have a warm heart for his fellow men. -Vincent Van Gogh

4. Resolve not to be poor: whatever you have, spend less. Poverty is a great enemy to human happiness; it certainly destroys liberty, and it makes some virtues impracticable, and others extremely difficult. - Samuel Johnson

5. Certainly, in taking revenge, a man is but even with his enemy, but in passing it over, he is superior; for it is a prince's part to pardon. - Francis Bacon

6. You can't undo the past... but you can certainly not repeat it. - Bruce Willis

7. Your empire is now like a tyranny: it may have been wrong to take it; it is certainly dangerous to let it go. - Pericles

8. I am certainly not one of those who need to be prodded. In fact, if anything, I am the prod. - Winston Churchill

9. Cruelty is, perhaps, the worst kid of sin. Intellectual cruelty is certainly the worst kind of cruelty. - Gilbert K. Chesterton

10. Economic medicine that was previously meted out by the cupful has recently been dispensed by the barrel. These once unthinkable dosages will almost certainly bring on unwelcome after-effects. Their precise nature is anyone's guess, though one likely consequence is an onslaught of inflation. - Warren Buffett

11. I'm a permanently curious person. I probably waste my time being curious about things that have got nothing to do with the business sometimes. What keeps me alive, certainly, is curiosity. - Rupert Murdoch

12. We are certainly not to relinquish the evidence of experiments for the sake of dreams and vain fictions of our own devising; nor are we to recede from the analogy of Nature, which is wont to be simple and always consonant to itself. - Isaac Newton.

certainly-gold-sign-mounted-glossy-marble-wall-d-rendered-royalty-free-stock-illustration-image-can-be-used-online-86485303.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer