Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-06-20 18:21:47

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Changes Quotes - VIII

Changes Quotes - VIII

1. We are living in 1937, and our universities, I suggest, are not half-way out of the fifteenth century. We have made hardly any changes in our conception of university organization, education, graduation, for a century - for several centuries. - H. G. Wells

2. Fiction is to the grown man what play is to the child; it is there that he changes the atmosphere and tenor of his life. - Robert Louis Stevenson

3. I think it's almost impossible for any expert to predict for the rapid changes we see in the Middle East. They are rapid and they will continue for quite a while. - Abdullah II of Jordan

4. I like to talk about my obsession with french fries because I don't want people to think that 'Let's Move' is about complete, utter deprivation. It's about moderation and real-life changes and ideas that really work for families. - Michelle Obama

5. I cannot drink or do anything that changes the mind. - Naomi Campbell

6. Like every parent, when you start your family, your life completely changes. And you completely live for someone else. I find that the most extraordinary thing. Your life is handed over to someone else. From that moment on, they come first in every choice you make. It's the most wonderful thing. - Angelina Jolie

7. There has no doubt to be fundamental research in science, but applied research is equally important for new improvements and changes in our techniques. - Lal Bahadur Shastri

8. The ultimate reason of things must lie in a necessary substance, in which the differentiation of the changes only exists eminently as in their source; and this is what we call God. - Gottfried Leibniz.

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer