Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-07-13 00:57:24

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Character Quotes - VII

Character Quotes - VII

1. Men show their character in nothing more clearly than what they think laughable. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

2. Most people say that it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character. - Albert Einstein

3. You want to play another kind of character in another genre, and it's been something I've been trying to do if I can in the career so far, and it's something I hope to continue because it's interesting to me and you get to do different things as an actor. - Keanu Reeves

4. No change of circumstances can repair a defect of character. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

5. It is seen that both matter and radiation possess a remarkable duality of character, as they sometimes exhibit the properties of waves, at other times those of particles. Now, it is obvious that a thing cannot be a form of wave motion and composed of particles at the same time - the two concepts are too different. - Werner Heisenberg

6. I care not what others think of what I do, but I care very much about what I think of what I do! That is character! - Theodore Roosevelt

7. Persuasion is achieved by the speaker's personal character when the speech is so spoken as to make us think him credible. We believe good men more fully and more readily than others: this is true generally whatever the question is, and absolutely true where exact certainty is impossible and opinions are divided. - Aristotle

8. As a former Airman First Class in the United States Air Force, like many veterans in America, my military experience played an important part in instilling in me a sense of character and discipline that has served me throughout my life. - Chuck Norris.

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer