Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-07-14 15:52:54

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Character Quotes - IX

Character Quotes - IX

1. No change of circumstances can repair a defect of character. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

2. People of noble character are afraid of keeping friendship with dishonorable people. But people of discreditable character consider friendship with the dishonorable as a blood relationship. - Thiruvalluvar

3. There is no parallel in the history of the world. This mighty subcontinent with all kinds of inhabitants has been brought under a plan which is titanic, unknown, unparalleled. And what is very important with regard to it is that we have achieved it peacefully and by means of an evolution of the greatest possible character. - Muhammad Ali Jinnah

4. All significant truths are private truths. As they become public they cease to become truths; they become facts, or at best, part of the public character; or at worst, catchwords. - T. S. Eliot

5. I have frequently gained my first real insight into the character of parents by studying their children. - Arthur Conan Doyle

6. Judge of your natural character by what you do in your dreams.  - Ralph Waldo Emerson

7. Character develops itself in the stream of life. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

8. It is not true that suffering ennobles the character; happiness does that sometimes, but suffering for the most part, makes men petty and vindictive. - W. Somerset Maugham.

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer