Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-07-19 16:26:41

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Characteristic Quotes - II

Characteristic Quotes - II

1. War had always seemed to me to be a purely human behavior. Accounts of warlike behavior date back to the very first written records of human history; it seemed to be an almost universal characteristic of human groups. - Jane Goodall

2. The study of expression ought to form a part of the study of psychology, but it also comes within the province of anthropology because the habitual, life-long expressions of the face determine the wrinkles of old age, which are distinctly an anthropological characteristic. - Maria Montessori

3. Certain characteristic properties of elements can be foretold from their atomic weights. - Dmitri Mendeleev

4. I think enough cannot be said for what you can discover through literature. So I think that was probably my most valued characteristic as a teenager. - Julia Roberts

5. I think the French Open, in many ways, brought out a certain characteristic in me and in my game that was already there. Just the circumstances allowed for it to be able to show. - Michael Chang

6. The time necessary for the disappearance of half the atoms, called the half-life, is a fundamental characteristic of each radio-element; according to the substance, the value of the half-life varies between a fraction of a second and millions of years. - Irene Joliot-Curie

7. Pele has all the qualities and characteristic that a football player has to have. - Zico.

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer