Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-07-29 00:35:31

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Charged Quotes

Charged Quotes

1. It is a universal truth that the loss of liberty at home is to be charged to the provisions against danger, real or pretended, from abroad. - James Madison

2. I was first imprisoned in Pretoria, and then, thereafter, I was taken to Robben Island. I stayed there for a couple of weeks. I was taken back to Pretoria when I was charged in the Rivonia trial, when I was then sent to Robben Island for life. - Nelson Mandela

3. Great literature is simply language charged with meaning to the utmost possible degree. - Ezra Pound

4. I've done many rallies and it's been super-charged, highly charged. People are very receptive. - Nawaz Sharif

5. I love acting, but being an actor for hire only serves so much, and then you want to fill your well up again and be charged by something else. - Jennifer Aniston

6. Creative people are more emotionally charged, so I am a super sensitive person. - Manisha Koirala

7. Sunspots are hubs of intense magnetic activity and they trigger solar flares that launch charged particles, X-rays, ultraviolet radiation and radio waves at the Earth. - Simon Singh

8. A number of non-banking finance companies have entered the rural microcredit market. Many microcredit agencies have been charging interest rates not very dissimilar to those charged by moneylenders. Borrowing then becomes more to meet pressing consumption needs, rather than for farming or small-scale enterprises. - M. S. Swaminathan.

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer