Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 Today 00:11:20

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Childhood Quotes - III

Childhood Quotes - III

1. I have done one thing that I think is a contribution: I helped Buddhist science and modern science combine. No other Buddhist has done that. Other lamas, I don't think they ever pay attention to modern science. Since my childhood, I have a keen interest. - Dalai Lama

2. To me in my childhood, elves and fairies of all sorts were very real things, and my dolls were as really children as I was myself a child. - Annie Besant

3. My childhood landscape was not land but the end of the land - the cold, salt, running hills of the Atlantic. I sometimes think my vision of the sea is the clearest thing I own. - Sylvia Plath

4. What might be taken for a precocious genius is the genius of childhood. When the child grows up, it disappears without a trace. It may happen that this boy will become a real painter some day, or even a great painter. But then he will have to begin everything again, from zero. - Pablo Picasso

5. I had this rare privilege of being able to pursue in my adult life, what had been my childhood dream. - Andrew Wiles

6. Childhood has its secrets and its mysteries; but who can tell or who can explain them! - Max Muller

7. I don't want you to think that I'm up late reading a stack of Spider-Man comics and eating a tray of lemon cookies while sucking my thumb. I'm not doing that. But I am loyal to the influences of my childhood. - Nicolas Cage

8. I hated my whole childhood, hated it, hated it, hated it. There was no place for me. - Sandra Bullock.

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer