Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2006-08-07 12:21:15

Zhylliolom
Real Member

Finite Simple Group (of Order Two)

I love this song.

Finite Simple Group (of Order Two)

My favorite part has to be

"I'm living in the kernel of a rank-one map
From my domain, its image looks so blue,
'Cause all I see are zeroes, it's a cruel trap
But we're a finite simple group of order two"

They also end the song in the best way possible(especially for a math song). There are countless other incredible things about this song, so just go and listen!

#2 2006-08-07 12:44:11

Ricky

Re: Finite Simple Group (of Order Two)

Just about every line is a pun, but you have to understand some rather advanced concepts to get them.  Don't worry if they go over your head though.

Great song indeed, Zhylliolom.  Thanks.

"In the real world, this would be a problem.  But in mathematics, we can just define a place where this problem doesn't exist.  So we'll go ahead and do that now..."

#3 2006-08-07 12:50:19

Zhylliolom
Real Member

Re: Finite Simple Group (of Order Two)

Yeah, the only downside is that a lot of the stuff is college level. I'd define everything here but that would probably make it fail (like if someone doesn't get a joke and you have to explain it to them, it just isn't funny anymore). They must have done this around some math majors or something though, judging by the amount of laughs at just the right times.

Haha, I just noticed that at the end the lead guy makes a square with his hands, like he has ended a proof.

Last edited by Zhylliolom (2006-08-07 21:02:35)

Board footer