Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-04-29 07:41:23

lightning
Real Member

Met By The Icy Hand of Death - Austin (My brother)

Prologue

I heard the high-pitched screeching of the tyres as the front of the car plummeted into my body, causing me to spin onto the hood of the car and up onto the roof.

It was all happening so fast. I couldn't feel anything at the time. Then I ricocheted off of the roof on to the road below. My skull made a sickening crack as bounced off the rigid surface.

I lay on my back looking up at the night sky. The stars were sparkling as bright as the morning sun. It was truly amazing, a beautiful sight to see.

I start to feel a piercing pain on the back of my head. I felt a trickle of liquid flowing down my scalp and under my head onto the cold hard ground.

I soon heard a voice screaming followed by a slam of a car door, I was guessing it was the driver who just run me over.

'What an idiot,' I thought, 'I'm in a lot of pain thanks to...' I opened my eyes slightly into a squint. 'AURORA?! That crazy old penguin from next door?!'

Aurora was peering over me, 'Oh My...' She said clearing her throat. Her eyes were filled with regret and sorrow. A teardrop inched its way down her face. I faintly heard a siren in the distance approaching. 'Don't worry,' she continued, 'the ambulance is coming, they’re going to take you away and make you better.'

I felt weak. The ambulance soon arrived and took me away to hospital. An icy chill haunted me all the way there.

Zappzter - New IM app! Unsure of which room to join? "ZNU" is made to help new users. c:

#2 2009-04-29 10:14:06

MathsIsFun
Administrator

Re: Met By The Icy Hand of Death - Austin (My brother)

Wow ... just Wow. That gives me chills. This really happened? Tell me more

"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..."  - Leon M. Lederman

#3 2009-04-29 19:29:16

Tigeree

That's what I said just by the title! That's really good! It's terrific! Not that he's like dying but just the way it's told it's awesome! O.O Wow.

People don't notice whether it's winter or summer when they're happy.
~ Anton Chekhov
Cheer up, emo kid.

#4 2009-05-02 23:57:35

lightning
Real Member

Yeah, Austin got hit by a car when was 7, but he didn't die or anything he's sitting right here. Here this is him talking:

Thanks you MathsIsFun and Tigeree for reading my facfic. I hope you enjoy it, it will be updated every Wednesday and Sunday. wink

Chapter 1 - Meeting Serena

‘MOVE MOVE MOVE!’ shouted one of the ambulance men as they rushed me through the hospital doors. ‘Get a doctor in room 34, Ward 7 now!’

I felt scared. The icy chill I felt before was climbing up my spine. The pain was excruciating, I think I may have broken my ribs. As I looked up at the ceiling my eyes blacked out. I was unconscious.

All of a sudden I felt a instant relief and I felt lighter; like I was floating upwards. I jerked forwards then opened my eyes to find that I was standing. I thought I was floating, but why would I be floating? This was making no sense.

As I stood before nothing but white, I heard no sounds and saw no movement. It was silent. Suddenly a sparkling glow of blue shun in front of me. A small white Chihuahua in a white heavenly robe appeared before me. She started walking towards me.

‘Hello, I’m Serena. I bet you’re wondering why you’re here, right?’ She said smiling. A beautiful smile. Her angelic glow sparkled like a star.

‘Uhh, yeah,’ I said mopping my brow. Then it occurred to me that I got hit by a car. I felt around for the scar, cut, bruise; but nothing. Had it all been a dream? Or am I in one now?

‘You see, Apollo…’ She hesitated. ‘You’re dead.’

‘WHAT?!’ I shrieked, ‘I’m dead? I don’t think so Serena,’ I saw shocked to hear this. I took a step back to keep balance.

‘Apollo Martin, 02/04/91 – 03/01/09,’ she chanted. How did she know my birth date? Was I really dead? No. I couldn’t be. Could I?

Serena closed her eyes, ‘fate has decided, your destiny has been confirmed. Your time has come,’ and with that she held up her paw – which was glowing a radiant blue – and forced it through my body to where my heart should be.

Her paw felt cold as it grabbed onto something and started to pull. As she grabbed onto it the heat drained out of my body. As she pulled I felt myself grow weak at the knees. As she pulled it out I felt myself go ice cold and I fell to my knees then collapsed to the ground. I was still awake, I just couldn't move.

As it was taken out of me my body faded slightly. I was turning invisible! Kind of. I wasn’t invisible; I was just transparent.

Then I realised It wasn’t my heart she was taken out, as I could feel it slamming off my rib cage; I was frightened. Who wouldn’t be?

As I lay on the ground I noticed that Serena had knelt down beside me. I saw her pull out a small jar from her bag and placed it in front of my face, and then she held out a blue blob and threw it in the jar and screw the lid on tight. The blue blob was bouncing off the inside of the glass at me desperately.

‘This is your soul, as you are dead now you don’t need it anymore.’ She said picking up the jar and placing it in a small bag. ‘I will let it roam free with the other souls up in heaven; you can go there now or go there later. It is your choice.’

She placed her paw on my face and slid it down my cheek. I instantly regained the power to move. I sat up and sighed, ‘what do you mean?’ I began.

‘You could stay on earth for a while, 48 hours only, though.’ She started sitting down beside me as we talked, ‘Or you could go up to heaven now. But once you go up you can never get back down.’

I nodded. ‘My parents always tell me that other relatives watch over me, guiding me. How can this be if I can’t get back down?’

She looked round quickly and leaned in. As if anyone was listening. Everything is white, no one was there. ‘In heaven you have flat screens and you can see anything you want to.’ She sighed.

‘I’ll think I’ll stay on earth for a while,’ I began, ‘I want to see what life would be like without me.’

Zappzter - New IM app! Unsure of which room to join? "ZNU" is made to help new users. c:

#5 2009-05-04 20:36:33

Tigeree

Austin: Why is Serena a Chihuahua? & Apollo is an awesome name, glad you chose it! Although Apollo is pretty young, well average age for a story character, but the story is still really awesome!
Wonderful! smile

~ Anton Chekhov
Cheer up, emo kid.

#6 2009-05-06 07:17:03

lightning
Real Member

Tigeree, this story is based on Animal Crossing, I wrote it as a fan fic for a compitition. Unfortunatly I failed to write it in time - I missed the deadline, you see. Anyways, I chose to post it here, under Tommy's name for I have no intention of joining anytime soon and I just had an urge to post it someplace. Haha, I hope you don't mind.

I have five chapters already written up but I am going to post them one a week - Sunday. Four more days!

#7 2009-05-07 18:33:26

Tigeree

Well done, Austin! Sorry you didn't write it in time. It's very good for someone your age. Animal Crossing... Explains a lot. Why are you two so ecstatic about Animal Crossing? So what Animal is Apollo?

~ Anton Chekhov
Cheer up, emo kid.

#8 2009-05-08 08:35:21

lightning
Real Member

No problem, I can always enter next year. Thanks for reading, I'll post on Sunday...

Why are we so ecstatic about AC, you ask? Because it's the best thing ever!

Apollo

#9 2009-05-09 18:46:29

Tigeree

Oh, wow! This will make things so much easier! Thanx, dude! up

~ Anton Chekhov
Cheer up, emo kid.

#10 2009-05-11 07:59:46

quittyqat

It's Monday and you still haven't posted!:p

Last edited by quittyqat (2009-05-11 08:00:30)

I'll be here at least once every decade.

#11 2009-05-11 08:21:14

lightning
Real Member

Chapter 2 – Flying with the Stars

“Very well,” Serena said searching he bag to bring out the jar, “Your body will be disposed of; you will now live through this!” She held up the jar. The blob morphed into me. Got every detail down to the bone! It was perfect!

“Wait—My body’s going to be disposed? How? How am I going to live through that thing?” I asked pointing at the jar with the Mini-Me inside.

“Your spirit will be transferred,” she replied. “I will do that now,” as she said this I felt weakened again. She took a step towards me – I stepped back, she took another step towards me – I took another one back. I could tell she was getting fed up. She held out her paw towards me as if to say, ‘talk to the hand.’ She then gave a quick pull on her arm towards her. I floated up and rocketed towards her with great speed.

With me still suspended in the air he dug the tips of her claws into my neck. I gave a howl of pain as a result. I closed my eyes and heard a thump; I opened my eyes slightly to find my body lying on the ground. I was alive! I was… I don’t know – My spirit?

“Open. Conceal.” The glossy furred Chihuahua chanted, the lid of the jar creepily opened but the blob – a.k.a. my soul – didn’t fly out. Then I realised the she was putting me in the jar. I wriggled to get free but it didn’t work, when she placed me in the jar my soul attacked me and became apart of me. I felt better. I started glowing a radiant heart-warming blue.

“Right, you wanna go back to earth right? Good, I guess,” she said this while picking the jar I was in up, “If you ever want to contact me just go into the nearest fountain. I’ll be there – just start talking,”

She walked over to a chute and aimed it; I was guessing Earth because that’s where I was going.

“You know what stars are made of?” She asked still fiddling with the chute, “souls. When I miss and they hit an asteroid,” she turned around to see the look on my face, “kidding, ha-ha.”

When Serena had finished twisting things on the chute and aiming it to where ever she was aiming it, she picked up the jar that I was in and fixed it into a slot in the chute. It was dark and I was scared. I didn’t know what would happen – so I stayed still.

“This won’t hurt a bit… hopefully,” I heard her voice booming through the inside of the chute. I could have sworn she mumbled ‘n00b’ to herself.

“Ready?! Here we go!” Serena shouted, I heard a ‘Kerr-chunk’ and a ‘clink’ and then everything shook. I sealed my eyes shut and didn’t dare to open them, but I couldn’t help it. I opened my eyes into slots; I found a magical presence around me. Stars flashing past at incredible speed.

Looking down out the bottom of the jar I noticed a round blue planet. I knew it was Earth. I suddenly remembered something about geography class – That if a meteor heads towards Earth it catches fire going through the atmosphere. Something was telling that this was going to hurt. Bad.

As we rocketed towards Earth I felt a slight tingle up my spine. This ride was about to get bumpy. I knew that, but what was I going to hold onto?

Suddenly I felt the glass rippling and we got closer to Earth; suddenly the bottom of the glass started to ripple – We were entering the atmosphere. I held my breath as the bottom of the glass ignited then caught fire, we sped up greatly as we shot through the morning sky.

I was for land, it seemed like it expanded at we head for it. As I became closer it seemed like time had stopped because I was going so fast. I could see my house!

BANG!

I plummeted into the ground at phenomenal speed, the jar broke into millions of pieces of glass scattered everywhere. I stood up carefully dodging the glass and looked around.

“Here I am,” I thought taking a few taking a few steps forward to capture the scenery, “home.”

#12 2009-06-13 14:10:01

quittyqat

Hurry up and post! I've been waiting FOREVER!!

#13 2009-06-23 06:42:34

lightning
Real Member

Chapter 3 – Life on Earth for Dummies

Looking around I noticed my sister, Amelia, talking to her friends.

“Hey!” I called rushing over to her but she took no notice, “Look! I’m over here!” I couldn’t believe that she can’t hear me. I mean, I was practically screaming at her. But I am dead and she is mortal. Am I the underworld? “Answer me! Please…”

I was standing in front of her, her friends on either side. “Can you hear me?!” I shouted throwing my wings up in the air hoping I would get some recognition but nothing.

Just within hearing range I heard soft humming, followed by the gentle strumming of guitar strings. I swayed my head to the left – Nothing. Then right – Still nothing. Eventually I was turning in circles trying to find where the sweet noise was coming from.

“I am… what you made me-hee, oh yeah, now, I …” the melodic voice sounded from a nearby tree. I took a deep breath and followed where that amazing rhythm was coming from. “…I never meant, to let you go,” As I advanced the strumming of the guitar and the voice got louder, somewhat ringing in my ears.

Then I heard a female voice, “Ohh, and I… never would let you down… again,” the duo sang on, “And I won’t live without you, can’t you see, that, I can hardly breathe…?”

It was beautiful, the rhythm, lyrics, everything just went along. As I walked around a tree, I tripped over something, “HEY! Watch it, man,” a deep melodic voice cried out.

Lying on my front, I flipped around onto my back and started to sit up. “We were making beautiful music, man” the voice continued to boom, when I was fully sat up I brushed the dirt off of my feathers and looked at where the voice was coming from.

‘He can see me?’ I thought, peering at the white dog who was sitting against a tree with a guitar in his paw. He had thick black eyebrows, one shaped into a perfect ‘^’ as I looked at him speechless. Sat beside him was a white cat; she looked at me as if to say, ‘well?’ her face was odd, not to be rude but she had an eye half way down her face, I tried hard not to crack a smile. They both glowed an aqua blue and they were slightly transparent.

“It’s not polite to stare, man. You got something to say?” Asked the dog who was now drumming his claws on the base of his guitar.

“You can see me?” I asked looking at the grassy turf beneath my feet then looking up only to lock eyes with the muscular dog.

“Yeah, why wouldn’t we,” he replied, “wait a minute. You’re new right? To this dead thing.”

“Yeah, I guess,” I replied, “are you, uhh, dead?”

“No,” huffed the cat sarcastically, “You don’t say,” she rolled her eyes.

“Shut it, Blanca,” the dog said narrowing his eyes at her. He placed down the wooden guitar against a tree, “can’t you see this guy’s new? He don’t know nothin’!” They both looked me up and down then turned to each other. Finally the dog placed one paw on Blanca’s shoulder for support then stood up. Once standing the dog helped the cat to her feet, they walked over beside me so that one was on either side.

“Nice to meet you kid, you died young. Let your spirit roam free, man,” said the dog patting me on the back as he said this, “I’m K.K. Slider. Welcome aboard, man. Now you need help if you’re going to survive this underworld.” He slid his paw off my shoulder and walked back over to the tree to pick up his trusty guitar. He turned around and pushed it towards me, “play, man, play.”

K.K Slider is my Avatar. xDD

#14 2009-09-18 13:34:03

quittyqat

More? Please?

Board footer