Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2005-12-21 07:56:23

mikau

Nerd clothes: where to buy?

On a recent episode of Numb3rs, Charlie was wearing a blue shirt with a pi symbol on it. I WANT ONE!

Doing a quick google shirt, I found all this GREAT STUFF!

CHECK IT OUT!

http://www.computergear.com/spaceandtechnology.html

A logarithm is just a misspelled algorithm.

#2 2005-12-21 08:20:11

MathsIsFun
Administrator

Re: Nerd clothes: where to buy?

Great link mikau,

There was a guy visited the forum a few months ago, his site was pidye.com

And I know about TheGadgetStore.com

and ThinkGeek.com, too.

"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..."  - Leon M. Lederman

#3 2005-12-21 08:27:43

mikau

I've definitly got to get a pi shirt.

The "acute girl" and "cutie pi" shirts are genius, but A, I think a girl would think they'e too nerdy (thats the point, cupcake!) and B how many of us geeks have girlfriends anyways? :-(

#4 2005-12-23 22:56:00

Chaotic Neutral

A man should be balanced and equally skilled in all ways, said the Greeks.

As at night, we realise we will never Know and further thinking is pointless....Yet we start again and again

#5 2005-12-24 14:30:48

mikau

Should be, yeah. But aren't. I think people all have different talents and different... what shall I call it... antitalents? Things that you just aren't good at.

Take me for example. As much as I hate to admit it, I have no athelic skill. No matter how much I practice, they just don't come natural to me. Other people would pick it up and get good in no time. Frusterating. I have poor speechcraft and can't socialize even when I desperately want to. In fact, untill a year ago, I felt I had no talents or special skills at all. It was really depressing.

And then I discovered math. Turns out I am good at something after all. One year ago I could not have solved a simple first degree equation, and now, I'm halfway through calculus and still going strong.

Yeah, every man should be good at everything, but I think not one of us can help being horrible at one thing or another. But what we lack in some area's, are compensated for in others.

Perhaps everyone has the same level of talent, just different distributions of it into different area's.

If thats true, I bet Einstein couldn't tie his shoes!

Last edited by mikau (2005-12-24 14:35:03)

Board footer