Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#151 2017-05-08 03:42:45

bobbym
bumpkin

Re: Maths Books

Hi;

What does the book say is the right answer for 16i?

I am trying to move to the next town over. It is only 2 miles away. Unfortunately, I might be having to go very close to NY. I hate the weather there but I may not have a choice.

In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.
Always satisfy the Prime Directive of getting the right answer above all else.

#152 2017-05-08 23:08:25

iamaditya

Your 15th answer is again wrong. Do you want the answer of question 15?

Hmm I know the weather is colder there but don't worry you will soon get adjusted there.

Practice makes a man perfect.
There is no substitute to hard work
All of us do not have equal talents but everybody has equal oppurtunities to build their talents.-APJ Abdul Kalam

#153 2017-06-09 11:05:12

Tom_Brooke

try learning it in khanacademy

#154 2017-06-10 23:27:36

iamaditya

Are you telling me? What should I try to learn. I know everything about logarithms.

All of us do not have equal talents but everybody has equal oppurtunities to build their talents.-APJ Abdul Kalam

#155 2017-09-24 09:45:54

greg1313

iamaditya, it has been four and a half months since your last reply to bobbym, who has since died.

The answer to # 15 is log(12).

#156 2017-09-26 01:12:01

iamaditya

iamaditya, it has been four and a half months since your last reply to bobbym, who has since died.

Yeah I know, (and I was the first few of them to know about it) so I was not expecting a reply. I wanted other members to give answers but till now I haven't received a single one.

Yes it's correct.

#157 2017-11-18 07:43:30

numquester

greg1313 wrote:

That is news to me.  I didn't know bobbym, but he helpfully replied to some of my posts here.  RIP.

#158 2020-03-09 22:37:27

Mathew Dexter

I think you are now an expert in math. So, what is your thinking about geometry? If you are willing to know about it, you can read the best geometry books. I have some recommendation for you about the geometry books. You can visit [link removed]

#159 2022-02-28 01:28:41

dixonedwards36
Website

Please recommend some outstanding incredibly difficult mathematical exercise books to me. We don't all have the same talents, but we all have the same opportunities to develop them. A man becomes flawless by practise.
There is no alternative for dedication.

#160 2022-02-28 01:45:54

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Hi dixonedwards36,

Welcome to the forum!

You can try the following link given below:

Category : Subject: University level mathematics books

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

#161 2023-03-07 01:49:46

apprentus
Novice

Certainly! Here are a few highly-regarded math exercise books that are known for their challenging content:

"The Art of Problem Solving, Volume 1: The Basics" by Richard Rusczyk and Sandor Lehoczky. This book is designed to challenge and develop the problem-solving skills of students preparing for mathematical competitions. It covers topics such as algebra, counting and probability, number theory, and geometry.

"Putnam and Beyond" by Titu Andreescu and Razvan Gelca. This book contains a collection of challenging problems from the prestigious William Lowell Putnam Mathematical Competition, along with detailed solutions and explanations.

"Problem-Solving Strategies" by Arthur Engel. This book covers a wide range of mathematical topics, with a focus on problem-solving strategies and techniques. It includes hundreds of challenging problems, along with detailed solutions and commentary.

"The USSR Olympiad Problem Book: Selected Problems and Theorems of Elementary Mathematics" by D. O. Shklarsky, N. N. Chentzov, and I. M. Yaglom. Originally written for Soviet high school students preparing for math competitions, this book contains a wide range of challenging problems in algebra, geometry, and number theory.

"Challenging Problems in Algebra" by Alfred S. Posamentier and Charles T. Salkind. This book contains over 200 challenging problems in algebra, along with detailed solutions and commentary. It covers topics such as equations and inequalities, polynomials, and functions.

I hope this helps, and happy studying!

#162 2023-04-25 07:45:48

GeradHum
Novice

I have been guided by people who explain on YouTube and they do know a lot, and I have learned a lot.

Board footer