Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-03-25 01:52:57

666 bro

Non mathematical problem

Guys I'm suffering severe anxiety of exams and I'm unable to control it so please guide me how to reduce nervousness?

"An equation for me has no meaning, unless it expresses a thought of God"- Srinivasa ramanujan

#2 2021-03-25 02:20:21

Bob
Administrator

Re: Non mathematical problem

hi 666 bro

It might help if you also said what exams you are facing and when.

For my UK A levels and for my degree exams I obtained booklets of past exam papers.  Then I set myself 'mock' exams to do.  I tried to make each exam as real as possible by shutting myself away; no music; no coffee breaks; no looking up how to do a question.

The booklets had answers too, so I could mark how I'd done and do corrections plus more practice as needed.

Then I'd have a go at another mock exam.

By the time of the real exam I had more confidence about my ability and was used to the questions.  I knew I could show my true capabilities so I was much less anxious about doing the real thing.  I knew what to expect and which topics I could do quickly.  I'd always do those first because it makes sense to make sure of those marks and to leave more of the time for the ones that might be more tricky.

For one exam I even had time, where there was a choice of questions, to try an extra one and then substitute it for one that I had messed up. [rule here: never scrap a question unless you are confident you have a better replacement.]

The expectation was that each answer was to be started on a fresh sheet of paper, and, at the close, you had to stop answering but were allowed to put your papers in order and decide which ones to submit.  So I used this extra time to do just that, leaving the allotted time for actual questions.

If you tell us what you are preparing for maybe we can give some further advice.  And you are always welcome to post here if you've got particular topics you need to practise.

Bob

Children are not defined by school ...........The Fonz
You cannot teach a man anything;  you can only help him find it within himself..........Galileo Galilei
Sometimes I deliberately make mistakes, just to test you!  …………….Bob smile

#3 2021-03-25 02:52:51

666 bro

Cbse board exams class 12

Last edited by 666 bro (2021-03-25 02:54:06)

"An equation for me has no meaning, unless it expresses a thought of God"- Srinivasa ramanujan

#4 2021-03-25 14:49:38

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Hi,

See the link : Approaching examinations.

This is applicable for all examinations, including CBSE Higher Secondary.

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

#5 2021-03-25 23:59:25

Bob
Administrator

The 2020 papers are available as a free download from the CBSE website.  Not sure about earlier years; still looking.

later edit: Found a sample paper with mark scheme too. Same site.

even later edit: I did this google search: Last 10 years CBSE board papers Class 12 Maths PDF

Loads of hits but I cannot download them because 'I'm in the EU region' apparently.  Don't they know about Brexit?

Hopefully you'll be able to get them.

Bob

You cannot teach a man anything;  you can only help him find it within himself..........Galileo Galilei

#6 2021-03-26 00:25:29

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

See the link CBEC website.

CBSE VISION

The CBSE envisions a robust, vibrant and holistic school education that will engender excellence in every sphere of human endeavour. The Board is committed to provide quality education to promote intellectual, social and cultural vivacity among its learners. It works towards evolving a learning process and environment, which empowers the future citizens to become global leaders in the emerging knowledge society. The Board advocates Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation with an emphasis on holistic development of learners. The Board commits itself to providing a stress-free learning environment that will develop competent, confident and enterprising citizens who will promote harmony and peace.

About Academics Unit

The goal of the Academic, Training, Innovation and Research unit of Central Board of Secondary Education is to achieve academic excellence by conceptualising policies and their operational planning to ensure balanced academic activities in the schools affiliated to the Board. The Unit strives to provide Scheme of Studies, curriculum, academic guidelines, textual material, support material, enrichment activities and capacity building programmes. The unit functions according to the broader objectives set in the National Curriculum Framework-2005 and in consonance with various policies and acts passed by the Government of India from time to time.

Some major objectives of the Unit are:

i. To define appropriate approaches of academic activities to provide stress free, child centred and holistic education to all children without compromising on quality
ii. To analyse and monitor the quality of academic activities by collecting the feedback from different stakeholders
iii. To develop norms for implementation of various academic activities including quality issues; to control and coordinate the implementation of various academic and training programmes of the Board; to organize academic activities and to supervise other agencies involved in the process
iv. To adapt and innovate methods to achieve academic excellence in conformity with psychological, pedagogical and social principles.
v. To encourage schools to document the progress of students in a teacher and student friendly way
vi. To propose plans to achieve quality benchmarks in school education consistent with the National goals
vii. To organize various capacity building and empowerment programmes to update the professional competency of teachers.

I think this gives all information.

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

#7 2021-05-02 17:14:07

666 bro

Bob wrote:

The 2020 papers are available as a free download from the CBSE website.  Not sure about earlier years; still looking.

later edit: Found a sample paper with mark scheme too. Same site.

even later edit: I did this google search: Last 10 years CBSE board papers Class 12 Maths PDF

Loads of hits but I cannot download them because 'I'm in the EU region' apparently.  Don't they know about Brexit?

Hopefully you'll be able to get them.

Bob

Im started revision for class 12th CBSE mathematics and also I've deep
Intrested to study maths for future my question to you is how can revise complete subject so that I could retain as well as present well in exams?

#8 2021-05-02 19:38:14

Bob
Administrator

My "to-do" list would be:

Get a copy of the syllabus.

Check off topics I'm OK with.

Find a source of practice questions. (past papers, good book, on-line practice) and keep trying / testing myself.

Ask for help here as needed.

I have a poor memory for formulas etc so I have to understand and be able to re-create any theory if I'm going to master a topic.

Bob

#9 2021-05-04 18:48:43

mathland

666 bro wrote:

Guys I'm suffering severe anxiety of exams and I'm unable to control it so please guide me how to reduce nervousness?

Why select 666 as a username? Do you have any idea what that means?

#10 2021-05-05 16:25:05

666 bro

mathland wrote:
666 bro wrote:

Why select 666 as a username? Do you have any idea what that means?

Yes it's a sum of first 36 natural numbers that's why I've selected that

#11 2021-05-05 17:16:58

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

The number series 1, 2, 3, 4, . . . . , 35, 36. Therefore, 666 is the sum of positive integers up to 36. Okay.

666 (six hundred [and] sixty-six) is the natural number following 665 and preceding 667.

Because 36 is also triangular, 666 is a doubly triangular number. Also, 36 = 15 + 21; 15 and 21 are also triangular numbers, and 15² + 21² = 225 + 441 = 666.

666 is called the "number of the beast" in (most manuscripts of) chapter 13 of the Book of Revelation of the New Testament, and also in popular culture, for example the British heavy metal band Iron Maiden's third studio album The Number of the Beast and its title track.

In the Textus Receptus manuscripts of the New Testament, the Book of Revelation (13:17–18) cryptically asserts 666 to be "man's number" or "the number of a man" (depending on how the text is translated) associated with the Beast, an antagonistic creature that appears briefly about two-thirds into the apocalyptic vision.

In modern popular culture, 666 has become one of the most widely recognized symbols for the Antichrist or, alternatively, the devil.

#12 2021-05-06 14:46:27

mathland

ganesh wrote:

The number series 1, 2, 3, 4, . . . . , 35, 36. Therefore, 666 is the sum of positive integers up to 36. Okay.

666 (six hundred [and] sixty-six) is the natural number following 665 and preceding 667.

Because 36 is also triangular, 666 is a doubly triangular number. Also, 36 = 15 + 21; 15 and 21 are also triangular numbers, and 15² + 21² = 225 + 441 = 666.

666 is called the "number of the beast" in (most manuscripts of) chapter 13 of the Book of Revelation of the New Testament, and also in popular culture, for example the British heavy metal band Iron Maiden's third studio album The Number of the Beast and its title track.

In the Textus Receptus manuscripts of the New Testament, the Book of Revelation (13:17–18) cryptically asserts 666 to be "man's number" or "the number of a man" (depending on how the text is translated) associated with the Beast, an antagonistic creature that appears briefly about two-thirds into the apocalyptic vision.

In modern popular culture, 666 has become one of the most widely recognized symbols for the Antichrist or, alternatively, the devil.

I first saw this number in the book of Revelation Chapter13. The apostle John was given a vision of future events, some of which have already taken place. The number 666 will be a mandatory worldwide personal identification mark, that according to John, will be established by the beast of Revelation 13. The beast in this chapter is the person we know as the Antichrist. From a pretribulational rapture view, the beast will make his world debut after the rapture of the church.

#13 2021-11-08 04:09:30

666 bro

Hello everyone now I'm pursuing bachelor's in maths and statistics
When I learn something in topic sometimes I feel uncertain about my progress. My question to you is how would I know progress of learning so that I could know how I'm able to perform in tests?

#14 2021-11-08 14:00:39

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Practice tests are the best way.

Also, assessments/ assignments / class tests help.

Mock tests also help.

Board footer