Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-05-09 12:13:26

mathland

Loneliness

Are you lonely? Do you often find it really hard to make friends? If so, tell me your story.

#2 2021-05-11 06:11:52

Not Dav

Re: Loneliness

I feel like most people are good people morally but it is hard to start a conversation to someone you dont know.

I wish thee not, yet it is always -Anonymous

#3 2021-05-11 10:48:52

mathland

Not Dav wrote:

I feel like most people are good people morally but it is hard to start a conversation to someone you dont know.

You say most people are good, morally speaking. This is your opinion. I respect your point of view. The Bible clearly makes known the fact that no one is good except for God.

#4 2021-05-11 13:23:57

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Being alone is not new to me. Most of my life, I have been alone, and I enjoy every bit of it.

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

#5 2021-05-11 14:19:16

mathland

ganesh wrote:

Being alone is not new to me. Most of my life, I have been alone, and I enjoy every bit of it.

You and I are the same in this respect. I love my alone time.

#6 2021-05-11 14:44:19

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

mathland wrote:
ganesh wrote:

Yes! None to distub or distract!

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

#7 2021-05-11 17:36:07

mathland

ganesh wrote:
mathland wrote:
ganesh wrote:

I am passionate about my alone to such a degree that people think I am antisocial. Well, I am not antisocial. I just prefer being alone most of the time.

#8 2021-05-11 17:41:10

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

mathland wrote:
ganesh wrote:
mathland wrote:

I am passionate about my alone to such a degree that people think I am antisocial. Well, I am not antisocial. I just prefer being alone most of the time.

Being alone most of the time isn't wrong at all.

Some have many friends, some a few, and some have none at all.

There is nothing wrong in it, I think.

#9 2021-05-11 18:00:15

mathland

ganesh wrote:
mathland wrote:
ganesh wrote:

More alone time works for me.

Last edited by mathland (2021-05-11 18:04:39)

#10 2021-05-11 18:07:38

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

mathland wrote:
ganesh wrote:
mathland wrote:

]0⁹[(lļ

Being alone is some times gives more time to attend to other things.

One is left with an advantage : Time!

#11 2021-05-11 19:34:19

mathland

ganesh wrote:
mathland wrote:
ganesh wrote:

]0⁹[(lļ

I concur. Alone time means more time to think about things that really matter.

#12 2021-05-12 02:27:30

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

mathland wrote:
ganesh wrote:
mathland wrote:

]0⁹[(lļ

An average adult human can live up to about 3 billion seconds approximately! It can be more or less.  This is a rough estimate. Therefore,  time is invaluable. It is precious. One should make the best out of it.

#13 2021-05-12 09:38:18

mathland

ganesh wrote:
mathland wrote:
ganesh wrote:

An average adult human can live up to about 3 billion seconds approximately! It can be more or less.  This is a rough estimate. Therefore,  time is invaluable. It is precious. One should make the best out of it.

Moving forward, we should discuss math only. Please, IGNORE my posts in this DARKNESS forum section. Take care....

#14 2021-05-12 13:48:31

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

mathland wrote:
ganesh wrote:
mathland wrote:

Moving forward, we should discuss math only. Please, IGNORE my posts in this DARKNESS forum section. Take care....

Noted. And, it is 'Dark Discussions at Cafe Infinity' and not 'Darkness'.

#15 2021-05-13 09:09:39

mathland

ganesh wrote:
mathland wrote:
ganesh wrote:

Noted. And, it is 'Dark Discussions at Cafe Infinity' and not 'Darkness'.

So now you are correcting my English abbreviations? Of course, I know the entire name of the forum. I simply abbreviated, Einstein.

By the way, I have 3 college degrees in areas other than mathematics.

B. A. Sociology (1994)...Lehman College

A. A. Liberal Arts & Sciences (1990)...NYC Technical College

A. A. Religious Education...Family Radio School of the Bible

Are you still up for the Precalculus David Cohen textbook challenge? I want to see if you can handle David Cohen textbook questions.

Last edited by mathland (2021-05-13 09:09:58)

#16 2021-05-13 09:20:13

Not Dav

I thought Dark discussions at cafe infinity can talk about almost any about life etc. This section do not have to be about math. If you want to talk about math,  there are many other sub topics to talk in but here is not the place. You can make a new sub topic if you just want to talk about math or join into one.

I wish thee not, yet it is always -Anonymous

#17 2021-05-13 10:34:44

mathland

Not Dav wrote:

I thought Dark discussions at cafe infinity can talk about almost any about life etc. This section do not have to be about math. If you want to talk about math,  there are many other sub topics to talk in but here is not the place. You can make a new sub topic if you just want to talk about math or join into one.

Exactly. The title of the forum speaks for itself. Any topic outside of mathematics can be discussed here. I concur. However, I was criticized for talking about the rewards of no fab in a person's life.

Last edited by mathland (2021-05-13 10:35:23)

Board footer