Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-12-07 05:15:10

Hannibal lecter

Hello please need help from math experts very necessary topic

Hello, If someone is ignorance and not smart enough and learning math very slow
should he leave learning math or should he keep going even if it slow?
because for example study a math book of 800 pages costs me 3 months
it's 3 months mines from my age it's a lot only 1 book should I change me dreams or should I keep going and do what I'm thinking about?
please tell me the truth without motivational speeches just say to me the truth I won't feel upset

Wisdom is a tree which grows in the heart and fruits on the tongue

#2 2021-12-07 22:49:31

Bob
Administrator

Re: Hello please need help from math experts very necessary topic

hi,

I don't remember if you introduced yourself with an explanation of why you are studying math.  This makes a big difference to my answer.  If you need to understand certain mathematical topics for college or a job then of course you need to persist.

If you're just doing it as a challenge or to make your brain bigger then it matters whether you are enjoying it.  Some people learn well from books; some prefer a teacher.  There's one more resource you could use and that is the MIF teaching site.  I think it is really useful.  There are loads of topics covered; the explanations are clear even when the reader is not strong with English; pages are cross linked so you can easily skip across to get connected topics; there are exercises.  But the thing that really makes it a brilliant learning resource is that many topics have an interactive element.  You can try out different values and see what happens.  I think that makes learning a new topic so much easier.

I didn't make the site (wish I had!) but I recommend it strongly. 

Best wishes,

Bob

Children are not defined by school ...........The Fonz
You cannot teach a man anything;  you can only help him find it within himself..........Galileo Galilei
Sometimes I deliberately make mistakes, just to test you!  …………….Bob smile

#3 2021-12-08 05:16:45

Hannibal lecter

thank you for the support

Wisdom is a tree which grows in the heart and fruits on the tongue

#4 2022-02-25 00:49:57

pamshaw

While getting admission in 11th grade you must think about what subjects you are going to choose. A student should choose the subjects in which he is good and interested. You have to choose your subjects wisely because your future depends on them. Math is a tough subject. If you are looking forward to going to engineering, many engineering-related courses require good math. If you are learning math and you couldn't understand it, there are two options. First, try to get tuition from someone. Some people learn fast from books and some from teachers. If you learn quickly from a person then you can continue learning in math. Otherwise, it would be better for you to change to go with the 2nd option. Which is the change of subject. You can choose a field in which math is optional. For example, in the medical field, you can choose biology instead of math. In the end, no one is perfect and math is a difficult subject. To be good at math you have to work hard and keep practicing. Because Practice is math’s 2nd name.

#5 2022-02-25 01:05:59

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Hi pamshaw,

Welcome to the forum!

Your ideas are very good.

You can be a useful member! Good luck!

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer