Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-12-14 23:21:28

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Intelligent Quotes

Intelligent Quotes

1. I much prefer the sharpest criticism of a single intelligent man to the thoughtless approval of the masses. - Johannes Kepler

2. I know that I am intelligent, because I know that I know nothing. - Socrates

3. This most beautiful system of the sun, planets, and comets, could only proceed from the counsel and dominion of an intelligent and powerful Being. - Isaac Newton

4. All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force... We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent Mind. This Mind is the matrix of all matter. - Max Planck

5. I believe alien life is quite common in the universe, although intelligent life is less so. Some say it has yet to appear on planet Earth. - Stephen Hawking

6. Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know. - Ernest Hemingway

7. All intelligent thoughts have already been thought; what is necessary is only to try to think them again. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

8. What can you do against the lunatic who is more intelligent than yourself, who gives your arguments a fair hearing and then simply persists in his lunacy? - George Orwell

9. It is the mark of a truly intelligent person to be moved by statistics. - George Bernard Shaw

10. Gravity may put the planets into motion, but without the divine Power, it could never put them into such a circulating motion as they have about the Sun; and therefore, for this as well as other reasons, I am compelled to ascribe the frame of this System to an intelligent Agent. - Isaac Newton

11. I believe life is an intelligent thing: that things aren't random. - Steve Jobs

12. It is not worth an intelligent man's time to be in the majority. By definition, there are already enough people to do that. - G. H. Hardy

13. A fairly bright boy is far more intelligent and far better company than the average adult. - John B. S. Haldane

14. It is with your aid, as the people, that I think we shall be able to preserve - not the country, for the country will preserve itself, but the institutions of the country - those institutions which have made us free, intelligent and happy - the most free, the most intelligent, and the happiest people on the globe. - Abraham Lincoln

15. Quality is never an accident. It is always the result of intelligent effort. - John Ruskin

16. Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. - E. F. Schumacher

17. An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise. - Victor Hugo

18. In any competitive environment, whether you're in sales or marketing or whatever it is, you have to know your competition, understand who they are, do intelligent analysis on them and then you have to know yourself - who you are and what you're capable of doing. - Edwin Moses

19. A computer would deserve to be called intelligent if it could deceive a human into believing that it was human. - Alan Turing

20. If we want to reduce poverty and misery, if we want to give to every deserving individual what is needed for a safe existence of an intelligent being, we want to provide more machinery, more power. Power is our mainstay, the primary source of our many-sided energies. - Nikola Tesla

21. Cynical realism is the intelligent man's best excuse for doing nothing in an intolerable situation. - Aldous Huxley

22. How is it that little children are so intelligent and men so stupid? It must be education that does it. - Alexandre Dumas

23. There is no method but to be very intelligent. - T. S. Eliot

24. When you play against dirty players or very tough players, it's easy to escape because you know what they're going to do. But when the player is tough but intelligent, it's much more difficult. - Pele

25. When you write an article about anything, trolls use the comments to attack. They feel frustrated - but haters are losers. It's not good to feed this aspect. It's more intelligent to be constructive. - Paulo Coelho

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer