Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-12-15 21:34:08

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Knowledge Quotes

images.png

Knowledge Quotes

1. To know that we know what we know, and to know that we do not know what we do not know, that is true knowledge. - Nicolaus Copernicus

2. Opinion is the medium between knowledge and ignorance. - Plato

3. Where is the Life we have lost in living? Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge? Where is the knowledge we have lost in information? -  T. S. Eliot

4. Ignorance is the curse of God; knowledge is the wing wherewith we fly to heaven. - William Shakespeare

5. Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves, or we know where we can find information upon it. - Samuel Johnson

6. We know accurately only when we know little, with knowledge doubt increases. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

7. The learning and knowledge that we have, is, at the most, but little compared with that of which we are ignorant. - Plato

8. There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge.  - Bertrand Russell

9. All our knowledge has its origins in our perceptions. - Leonardo da Vinci

10. The degree of one's emotions varies inversely with one's knowledge of the facts. - Bertrand Russell

11. If money is your hope for independence you will never have it. The only real security that a man will have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience, and ability. - Henry Ford

12. Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write. - John Adams

13. The natural desire of good men is knowledge. - Leonardo da Vinci

14. Knowledge is love and light and vision. - Helen Keller

15. And what, Socrates, is the food of the soul? Surely, I said, knowledge is the food of the soul. - Plato

16. Knowledge is the eye of desire and can become the pilot of the soul. - Will Durant

17. Science is the father of knowledge, but opinion breeds ignorance. - Hippocrates

18. Having knowledge but lacking the power to express it clearly is no better than never having any ideas at all. - Pericles

19. If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them. - Isaac Asimov

20. Knowledge of the self is the mother of all knowledge. So it is incumbent on me to know my self, to know it completely, to know its minutiae, its characteristics, its subtleties, and its very atoms. - Khalil Gibran

21. I was bold in the pursuit of knowledge, never fearing to follow truth and reason to whatever results they led, and bearding every authority which stood in their way. - Thomas Jefferson

22. Information is not knowledge. - Albert Einstein

23. Depend upon it there comes a time when for every addition of knowledge you forget something that you knew before. It is of the highest importance, therefore, not to have useless facts elbowing out the useful ones. - Arthur Conan Doyle

24. If education is always to be conceived along the same antiquated lines of a mere transmission of knowledge, there is little to be hoped from it in the bettering of man's future. For what is the use of transmitting knowledge if the individual's total development lags behind? - Maria Montessori

25. If four things are followed - having a great aim, acquiring knowledge, hard work, and perseverance - then anything can be achieved. - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer