Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-05-02 17:41:53

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Ages Quotes

Ages Quotes

1. All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players: they have their exits and their entrances; and one man in his time plays many parts, his acts being seven ages. - William Shakespeare

2. The wisdom of the wise and the experience of the ages are perpetuated by quotations. - Benjamin Disraeli

3. Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it. - Theodore Roosevelt

4. The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge natural to party dissension, which in different ages and countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism. But this leads at length to a more formal and permanent despotism. - George Washington

5. Animation offers a medium of story telling and visual entertainment which can bring pleasure and information to people of all ages everywhere in the world. - Walt Disney

6. May joy and good fellowship reign, and in this manner, may the Olympic Torch pursue its way through ages, increasing friendly understanding among nations, for the good of a humanity always more enthusiastic, more courageous and more pure. - Pierre de Coubertin

7. There is but One God. His name is Truth; He is the Creator. He fears none; he is without hate. He never dies; He is beyond the cycle of births and death. He is self-illuminated. He is realized by the kindness of the True Guru. He was True in the beginning; He was True when the ages commenced and has ever been True. He is also True now. - Guru Nanak

8. The desktop computer industry is dead. Innovation has virtually ceased. Microsoft dominates with very little innovation. That's over. Apple lost. The desktop market has entered the dark ages, and it's going to be in the dark ages for the next 10 years, or certainly for the rest of this decade. - Steve Jobs

9. What distinguishes modern art from the art of other ages is criticism. - Octavio Paz

10. It has so happened in all ages of the world that some have labored, and others have, without labor, enjoyed a large proportion of the fruits. - Abraham Lincoln

11. Are creeds such simple things like the clothes which a man can change at will and put on at will? Creeds are such for which people live for ages and ages. - Mahatma Gandhi

12. I the heir of all the ages, in the foremost files of time. - Alfred Lord Tennyson

13. Virtue is relative to the actions and ages of each of us in all that we do. - Plato

14. Music is either sacred or secular. The sacred agrees with its dignity, and here has its greatest effect on life, an effect that remains the same through all ages and epochs. Secular music should be cheerful throughout. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

15. For my name and memory I leave to men's charitable speeches, and to foreign nations and the next ages. - Francis Bacon

16. I want the Congress to become an instrument for dialogue among the Indian people - all of us, from all corners of our great country, all religions, all ethnicities, all ages, genders and people - and for our dialogue to always be led by love and affection. - Rahul Gandhi

17. Not working makes you ill, sad, depressed. It ages you. - Bobby Deol

18. Man is a spiritual intelligence, who has taken flesh with the object of gaining experience in worlds below the spiritual, in order that he may be able to master and to rule them, and in later ages take his place in the creative and directing hierarchies of the universe. - Annie Besant

19. In the early ages, I believe not much thought was given to what man is and what his real functions should be, and what is the real purpose of his life. - Morarji Desai

20. Ever since Israel has been a nation the United States has provided the leadership. Every president down to the ages has done this in a fairly balanced way, including George Bush senior, Gerald Ford, and others including myself and Bill Clinton. - Jimmy Carter

21. The ego is willing but the machine cannot go on. It's the last thing a man will admit, that his mind ages. - Will Durant

22. After Zorro, people spoke Spanish to me for ages. I'm Welsh but that movie instantly gave me a new ethnicity. - Catherine Zeta-Jones

23. Soaps are one of the few areas on TV that really embrace older women. In drama, there's this ridiculous invisibility for women between the ages of 40 and 60. Unless you're old enough to play a grandmother, there just aren't the roles. - Amanda Donohoe

24. The growing-up-fast part weirdly happened between the ages of 15 and 22. - Kate Winslet

25. I was doing things that weren't good for me. So I checked into the Churchill Priory clinic. It was the best thing I've done for ages. Kate Moss.

Problems-on-Ages-in-Competitive-Exams.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer