Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-05-09 18:02:04

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Affection Quotes

Affection Quotes

1. I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the heart's affections, and the truth of imagination. - John Keats

2. You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection. - Buddha

3. I was born with an enormous need for affection, and a terrible need to give it. - Audrey Hepburn

4. Affection is responsible for nine-tenths of whatever solid and durable happiness there is in our lives. - C. S. Lewis

5. Son, brother, father, lover, friend. There is room in the heart for all the affections, as there is room in heaven for all the stars. - Victor Hugo

6. To feel much for others and little for ourselves; to restrain our selfishness and exercise our benevolent affections, constitute the perfection of human nature. - Adam Smith

7. We can live without religion and meditation, but we cannot survive without human affection. - Dalai Lama

8. I wash my hands of those who imagine chattering to be knowledge, silence to be ignorance, and affection to be art. - Khalil Gibran

9. Self-interest is the enemy of all true affection. - Franklin D. Roosevelt

10. Different taste in jokes is a great strain on the affections. - George Eliot

11. A scientific man ought to have no wishes, no affections, - a mere heart of stone. - Charles Darwin

12. Talk not of wasted affection - affection never was wasted. - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

13. In nine cases out of ten, a woman had better show more affection than she feels. - Jane Austen

14. The man of character is the persistent man, the man who is faithful to his own word, his own convictions, his own affections. - Maria Montessori

15. Love is the missing factor; there is a lack of affection, of warmth in relationship; and because we lack that love, that tenderness, that generosity, that mercy in relationship, we escape into mass action, which produces further confusion, further misery. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

16. People forget how the same children brought up with affection, effort, and love are the ones who later kick their parents. - Asha Bhosle

17. The kindness and affection from the public have carried me through some of the most difficult periods, and always your love and affection have eased the journey. - Princess Diana

18. Most people would rather give than get affection. - Aristotle

19. My affection for Taiwan... is witnessed by everyone. My wife is Taiwanese and I am a son-in-law of Taiwan. I am half Taiwanese. - Jackie Chan

20. I believe the Australian people have an affection for the Queen, and so they should have. - Bob Hawke

21. The natural term of the affection of the human animal for its offspring is six years. - George Bernard Shaw

22. It's hard for anybody who's been with me not to feel starved for affection when I'm making love to my ideas. Maybe it's not meant for me to settle down and be married. - Jim Carrey

23. During my film career, I have received love and affection from Indian cinegoers. I have received unconditional love from them. - Dilip Kumar

24. The final test for a novel will be our affection for it, as it is the test of our friends, and of anything else which we cannot define. - E. M. Forster

25. I have been in love, and it was a great feeling. It's when you are attracted to and feel affection for someone. You want to do things for that person. But only love isn't enough in a relationship - understanding and communication are very important aspects. - Yuvraj Singh

26. That is America. That is America. Those bonds of affection; that common creed. We don't fear the future; we shape it. We embrace it, as one people, stronger together than we are on our own. - Barack Obama

27. I was a very good friend of Rajiv Gandhi, and I had affection for Sonia as his wife. - Subramanian Swamy

28. The love and affection of the people of Odisha continues to inspire me every day. - Naveen Patnaik

29. Politics should be done by earning love and affection and by winning the hearts. - Rajnath Singh

30. My era was a totally different time. it was indeed a golden era as you say because something magical was there. I mean family and bonding. What more do I say? The films had a lot of warmth and affection. - Asha Parekh

31. I still feel the affection of the fans that I get because of my acting career. - Roopa Ganguly

32. Guru Nanak Dev ji's life and teachings give a message of affection, compassion and brotherhood for the entire humanity. - Ram Nath Kovind

33. Every one of our passions and affections hath its natural stint and bound, which may easily be exceeded; whereas our enjoyments can possibly be but in a determinate measure and degree. - Joseph Butler

34. I have a particular affection for zero because it was some of my countrymen who first gave it the status of a number. - Shakuntala Devi

35. Love is not to be purchased, and affection has no price. - St. Jerome

36. There is a time for risky love. There is a time for extravagant gestures. There is a time to pour out your affections on one you love. And when the time comes - seize it, don't miss it. - Max Lucado.

stock-photo-people-love-summer-colour-child-spring-girl-boy-family-60ec7b85-ac7d-4e43-a565-f23789f62a14.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer