Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-05-13 18:29:32

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Above Quotes

Above Quotes

1. Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something and that this thing must be attained. - Marie Curie

2. Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me. - Immanuel Kant

3. A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both. - Dwight D. Eisenhower

4. No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it. - Theodore Roosevelt

5. It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something. - Franklin D. Roosevelt

6. An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

7. To become truly great, one has to stand with people, not above them. - Montesquieu

8. We aim above the mark to hit the mark. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

9. It is the stars, The stars above us, govern our conditions. - William Shakespeare

10. Above all, we must realize that no math, or no weapon in the math of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women. It is a weapon our adversaries in today's world do not have. - Ronald Reagan

11. Never make friends with people who are above or below you in status. Such friendships will never give you any happiness. - Chanakya

12. In order to be an immaculate member of a flock of sheep, one must above all be a sheep oneself. - Albert Einstein

13. The mind is like an iceberg, it floats with one-seventh of its bulk above water. - Sigmund Freud

14. When you look at the light bulb above you, you remember Thomas Alva Edison. When the telephone bell rings, you remember Alexander Graham Bell. Marie Curie was the first woman to win the Nobel Prize. When you see the blue sky, you think of Sir C.V. Raman. - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam

15. Above the cloud with its shadow is the star with its light. Above all things reverence thyself. - Pythagoras

16. The artist, like the God of the creation, remains within or behind or beyond or above his handiwork, invisible, refined out of existence, indifferent, paring his fingernails. - James Joyce

17. If a writer knows enough about what he is writing about, he may omit things that he knows. The dignity of movement of an iceberg is due to only one ninth of it being above water. - Ernest Hemingway

18. And above all things, never think that you're not good enough yourself. A man should never think that. My belief is that in life people will take you at your own reckoning. - Isaac Asimov

19. Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography. - George Eastman

20. Judges ought to be more leaned than witty, more reverent than plausible, and more advised than confident. Above all things, integrity is their portion and proper virtue. - Francis Bacon

21. O Lord, deliver me from the man of excellent intention and impure heart: for the heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked. - T. S. Eliot

22. Every man who rises above the common level has received two educations: the first from his teachers; the second, more personal and important, from himself. - Edward Gibbon

23. If you set your goals ridiculously high and it's a failure, you will fail above everyone else's success. - James Cameron

24. Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties. - John Milton

25. To those whose talents are above mediocrity, the highest subjects may be announced. To those who are below mediocrity, the highest subjects may not be announced. - Confucius

26. Society is a republic. When an individual tries to lift themselves above others, they are dragged down by the mass, either by ridicule or slander. - Victor Hugo

27. Piety requires us to honor truth above our friends. - Aristotle

28. The people of the State of Texas consist principally of men, women, and children, with a sprinkling of cowboys. The weather is very good, thermometer rarely rising above 2,500 degrees in the shade and hardly ever below 212. - O. Henry

29. If we could do high-speed rail in California just half a notch above what they've done on the Shanghai line in China, and if we had a straight path from L.A. to San Francisco, as well as the milk run, at least that would be progress. - Elon Musk

30. Twinkle, twinkle little bat How I wonder what you're at! Up above the world you fly, Like a tea-tray in the sky. - Lewis Carroll

31. And so our goal on health care is, if we can get, instead of health care costs going up 6 percent a year, it's going up at the level of inflation, maybe just slightly above inflation, we've made huge progress. And by the way, that is the single most important thing we could do in terms of reducing our deficit. That's why we did it. - Barack Obama

32. Every person above the ordinary has a certain mission that they are called to fulfill. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

33. As civilisation advances, the deities lessen in number, the divine powers become concentrated more and more in one Being, and God rules over the whole earth, maketh the clouds his chariot, and reigns above the waterfloods as a king. - Annie Besant

34. This above all; to thine own self be true. - William Shakespeare

35. Be amusing: never tell unkind stories; above all, never tell long ones. - Benjamin Disraeli

preposition-place-raccoon-above-ball-vector-27427767.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer