Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-05-17 18:03:14

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Afford Quotes

Afford Quotes

1. Play the game for more than you can afford to lose... only then will you learn the game. - Winston Churchill

2. It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

3. When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford - Samuel Johnson

4. There must be a reason why some people can afford to live well. They must have worked for it. I only feel angry when I see waste. When I see people throwing away things that we could use. - Mother Teresa

5. Hypocrisy can afford to be magnificent in its promises, for never intending to go beyond promise, it costs nothing. - Edmund Burke

6. A child cannot be taught by anyone who despises him, and a child cannot afford to be fooled. - James Baldwin

7. When a coil is operated with currents of very high frequency, beautiful brush effects may be produced, even if the coil be of comparatively small dimensions. The experimenter may vary them in many ways, and, if it were nothing else, they afford a pleasing sight. - Nikola Tesla

8. We can't afford to be killing one another. - Nelson Mandela

9. When bright young minds can't afford college, America pays the price. - Arthur Ashe

10. Unity and secularism will be the motto of the government. We can't afford divisive polity in India. - Manmohan Singh

11. You may be rich, but there is one thing you can't afford - that is, if you are a good sort - you can't afford to spend money on your own luxuries while there are people around you wanting the necessaries of life. - Robert Baden-Powell

12. Whenever a youth is ascertained to possess talents meriting an education which his parents cannot afford, he should be carried forward at the public expense. - James Madison

13. Yes, we have ruined the Earth and have done an exceptionally good job of it. Yes, we should look at sustainable development. But we cannot afford to do things sequentially, but parallelly and make sure that we do not repeat our mistakes. - Rakesh Sharma

14. A statesman cannot afford to be a moralist. - Will Durant

15. So we know that it's not enough for us to simply encourage more people to study abroad. We also need to make sure that they can actually afford it. - Michelle Obama

16. Money was always on my mind when I was growing up. So I was always wondering how we were going to afford this and that. Acting seemed to be a shortcut out of the mess. - Leonardo DiCaprio

17. The most important thing however is the money. What use would it be to us, to have a a mighty stadium but a useless team, because we couldn't afford anything better? - Franz Beckenbauer

18. You can't afford to live your life with regrets. - Shane Warne

19. I could never afford to be in a position where I could do something stupid, so I gave up drinking. - Bob Hawke

20. When I was 10 years old, I loved - I loved books, and I used to haunt the secondhand bookshop. And I found a little book I could just afford, and I bought it, and I took it home. And I climbed up my favorite tree, and I read that book from cover to cover. And that was Tarzan of the Apes. I immediately fell in love with Tarzan. - Jane Goodall

21. Economy is the method by which we prepare today to afford the improvements of tomorrow. - Calvin Coolidge

22. I joined Khalsa College just opposite Don Bosco in class XI, but soon I quit studies and was sent to Bangkok by my father to learn martial arts, as that is the only place we could afford given that I would also work there to support my training. - Akshay Kumar

23. We cannot rest until we make sure that our families can afford to live and raise their kids here, that our seniors can remain in their homes and afford their health and pharmaceutical costs. - Carl Lewis

24. Rich countries can afford to overpay for things. - Bill Gates

25. We cannot afford to spend millions and millions over nuclear arms when there is poverty and unemployment all around us. - Lal Bahadur Shastri

26. In December, I agreed to extend the tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans because it was the only way I could prevent a tax hike on middle-class Americans. But we cannot afford $1 trillion worth of tax cuts for every millionaire and billionaire in our society. We can't afford it. And I refuse to renew them again. - Barack Obama

27. Very few people can afford to be poor. - George Bernard Shaw

28. To those who have chosen the profession of medicine, a knowledge of chemistry, and of some branches of natural history, and, indeed, of several other departments of science, affords useful assistance. - Charles Babbage

29. Being a decathlete is like having ten girlfriends. You have to love them all, and you can't afford losing one. - Daley Thompson

30. When food prices surge, poor families suddenly find themselves unable to afford enough nutritious food. If this happens during the first thousand days of a child's life, the damage to his or her body and mind can be permanent. Ban Ki-moon.

5bd7a9b6adae0358abeac56a_12-ways-to-afford-expensive-studio-gear.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer