Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-05-24 17:47:05

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Ambition Quotes

Ambition Quotes

1. Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved. - Helen Keller

2. Every man is said to have his peculiar ambition. Whether it be true or not, I can say, for one, that I have no other so great as that of being truly esteemed of my fellow-men, by rendering myself worthy of their esteem. How far I shall succeed in gratifying this ambition is yet to be developed. - Abraham Lincoln

3. Great ambition is the passion of a great character. Those endowed with it may perform very good or very bad acts. All depends on the principles which direct them. - Napoleon Bonaparte

4. Ambition is the last refuge of the failure. - Oscar Wilde

5. Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings. - Salvador Dali

6. Focusing your life solely on making a buck shows a certain poverty of ambition. It asks too little of yourself. Because it's only when you hitch your wagon to something larger than yourself that you realize your true potential. - Barack Obama

7. The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition. - Carl Sagan

8. Ambition can creep as well as soar. - Edmund Burke

9. Ambition is a dream with a V8 engine. - Elvis Presley

10. To be happy at home is the ultimate result of all ambition, the end to which every enterprise and labor tends, and of which every desire prompts the prosecution. - Samuel Johnson

11. Ambition should be made of sterner stuff. - William Shakespeare

12. Ambition never comes to an end. - Kenneth Kaunda

13. Most people would succeed in small things if they were not troubled with great ambitions. - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

14. A belief in hell and the knowledge that every ambition is doomed to frustration at the hands of a skeleton have never prevented the majority of human beings from behaving as though death were no more than an unfounded rumor. - Aldous Huxley

15. In our personal ambitions we are individualists. But in our seeking for economic and political progress as a nation, we all go up or else all go down as one people. - Franklin D. Roosevelt

16. I have many years to get better and better, and that has to be my ambition. The day you think there is no improvements to be made is a sad one for any player. - Lionel Messi

17. Nothing leads so straight to futility as literary ambitions without systematic knowledge. - H. G. Wells

18. I think my first thought on reaching the summit- of course, I was very, very pleased to be there, naturally - but my first thought was one of a little bit of surprise. I was a little bit surprised that here I was, Ed Hillary, on top of Mt. Everest. After all, this is the ambition of most mountaineers. - Edmund Hillary

19. If you are calm about your ambitions, you become confident of achieving what you set out to do. - Shiv Nadar

20. With just about every player in Australia, his whole goal and ambition is to play for Australia. That's why they're playing first class cricket. It's just a different attitude. - Shane Warne

21. Ambition must be made to counteract ambition. - James Madison

22. My ambition with connectivity is not to fly balloons in the national airspace of other countries, but my dream is to be able to enable the local entrepreneurs to have low-cost connectivity solutions. - Satya Nadella

23. My favorite literary heroine is Jo March. It is hard to overstate what she meant to a small, plain girl called Jo, who had a hot temper and a burning ambition to be a writer. - J. K. Rowling

24. There is, however, another purpose to which academies contribute. When they consist of a limited number of persons, eminent for their knowledge, it becomes an object of ambition to be admitted on their list. - Charles Babbage

25. We need to steer clear of this poverty of ambition, where people want to drive fancy cars and wear nice clothes and live in nice apartments but don't want to work hard to accomplish these things. Everyone should try to realize their full potential. - Barack Obama

26. Ambition never is in a greater hurry than I; it merely keeps pace with circumstances and with my general way of thinking. - Napoleon Bonaparte

27. I have no ambition to govern men; it is a painful and thankless office. - Thomas Jefferson

28. When I began my life journey, we'd survive on Rs 500 a month as a family. As time passed and I started playing for the country, this Rs 500 multiplied manifold, but it was not the money that mattered: it was the fact that I was fulfilling my ambition of playing cricket on the highest platform, representing my country. - Virender Sehwag

29. When I was in college, I had only one ambition that one day I would like to be a director. - Yash Chopra

30. We continue to recognize the greater ability of some to earn more than others. But we do assert that the ambition of the individual to obtain for him a proper security is an ambition to be preferred to the appetite for great wealth and great power. - Franklin D. Roosevelt.

success-and-ambition-1024x512.png

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer