Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-06-13 21:57:38

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Animal Quotes

Animal Quotes

1. Man is the only animal that blushes - or needs to. - Mark Twain

2. Man is an animal that makes bargains: no other animal does this - no dog exchanges bones with another. - Adam Smith

3. The future doesn't exist. The only thing that exists is now and our memory of what happened in the past. But because we invented the idea of a future, we're the only animal that realized we can affect the future by what we do today. - David Suzuki

4. The human being is in the most literal sense a political animal, not merely a gregarious animal, but an animal which can individuate itself only in the midst of society. - Karl Marx

5. It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this. - Bertrand Russell

6. Man is by nature a political animal. - Aristotle

7. A man can live and be healthy without killing animals for food; therefore, if he eats meat, he participates in taking animal life merely for the sake of his appetite. - Leo Tolstoy

8. Experience demands that man is the only animal which devours his own kind, for I can apply no milder term to the general prey of the rich on the poor. - Thomas Jefferson

9. On the field, aggression can sometimes be a positive emotion. It boosts performance and can lift your game. But over the years, I have learnt that restrained aggression is a better animal. That way, you will conserve your energy and won't spend yourself quickly. - Virat Kohli

10. I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. - Doris Day

11. Even an animal, if you show genuine affection, gradually trust develops... If you always showing bad face and beating, how can you develop friendship? - Dalai Lama

12. Man is a rational animal who always loses his temper when he is called upon to act in accordance with the dictates of reason. - Oscar Wilde

13. There's nothing funnier than the human animal. - Walt Disney

14. Principally I hate and detest that animal called man; although I heartily love John, Peter, Thomas, and so forth. - Jonathan Swift

15. Men! The only animal in the world to fear. - D. H. Lawrence

16. Nor dread nor hope attend a dying animal; a man awaits his end dreading and hoping all. - William Butler Yeats

17. Your cravings as a human animal do not become a prayer just because it is God whom you ask to attend to them. - Dag Hammarskjold

18. Man is the unnatural animal, the rebel child of nature, and more and more does he turn himself against the harsh and fitful hand that reared him. - H. G. Wells

19. For a solitary animal egoism is a virtue that tends to preserve and improve the species: in any kind of community it becomes a destructive vice. - Erwin Schrodinger

20. The human animal cannot be trusted for anything good except en masse. The combined thought and action of the whole people of any race, creed or nationality, will always point in the right direction. - Harry S Truman

21. I got to Africa. I got the opportunity to go and learn, not about any animal, but chimpanzees. I was living in my dream world, the forest in Gombe National Park in Tanzania. It was Tanganyika when I began. - Jane Goodall

22. A tool is usually more simple than a machine; it is generally used with the hand, whilst a machine is frequently moved by animal or steam power. - Charles Babbage

23. The happiest people I know as a nation are the Burmese; their brightness and cheeriness are proverbial. Kindness to animals is one of their greatest 'weaknesses'; no Burmese will kill an animal, even if it is to put it out of pain. - Robert Baden-Powell

24. The animal is ignorant of the fact that he knows. The man is aware of the fact that he is ignorant. - Victor Hugo

25. The natural term of the affection of the human animal for its offspring is six years. - George Bernard Shaw.

image2036561122-4501-4e73084112380f110d06dee9fba956db@1x.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer