Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-07-25 17:35:40

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Attention Quotes

Attention Quotes

1. Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. - Albert Einstein

2. The simple act of paying attention can take you a long way. - Keanu Reeves

3. Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

4. Attention to health is life's greatest hindrance. - Plato

5. To rule a country of a thousand chariots, there must be reverent attention to business, and sincerity; economy in expenditure, and love for men; and the employment of the people at the proper seasons. - Confucius

6. Since you cannot do good to all, you are to pay special attention to those who, by the accidents of time, or place, or circumstances, are brought into closer connection with you. - Saint Augustine

7. You can become blind by seeing each day as a similar one. Each day is a different one, each day brings a miracle of its own. It's just a matter of paying attention to this miracle. - Paulo Coelho

8. The true art of memory is the art of attention. - Samuel Johnson

9. Do just once what others say you can't do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again. - James Cook

10. Digital technology has several features that can make it much easier for teachers to pay special attention to all their students. - Bill Gates

11. There isn't any formula or method. You learn to love by loving - by paying attention and doing what one thereby discovers has to be done. - Aldous Huxley

12. When you have good friends you've been around, every time they talk, you don't give them your full attention. You don't look them in the eye and stop. Half the time, you're listening, half the time, you are ignoring them. - Matthew McConaughey

13. Constant attention by a good nurse may be just as important as a major operation by a surgeon. - Dag Hammarskjold

14. Whatever position I occupied, it was the result of colleagues - of my comrades in the movement - who had decided in their wisdom to use me for the purpose of focusing the attention of the country and the international community on me. - Nelson Mandela

15. Speakers who talk about what life has taught them never fail to keep the attention of their listeners. - Dale Carnegie

16. I used to wear disguises, like hats and false beards, just to walk around and avoid attention. - Al Pacino

17. When you have solved the problem of controlling the attention of the child, you have solved the entire problem of its education. - Maria Montessori

18. I appreciate the fact, and am proud of it, that the attentions I am receiving are intended more for our country than for me personally. - Ulysses S. Grant

19. You know, my main reaction to this money thing is that it's humorous, all the attention to it, because it's hardly the most insightful or valuable thing that's happened to me. - Steve Jobs

20. Humor is richly rewarding to the person who employs it. It has some value in gaining and holding attention, but it has no persuasive value at all. - John Kenneth Galbraith

21. My first big mission for UNICEF in Ethiopia was just to attract attention, before it was too late, to conditions which threatened the whole country. My role was to inform the world, to make sure that the people of Ethiopia were not forgotten. - Audrey Hepburn

22. The power of doing anything with quickness is always prized much by the possessor, and often without any attention to the imperfection of the performance. - Jane Austen

23. I remember when I was in high school I didn't have a new dress for each special occasion. The girls would bring the fact to my attention, not always too delicately. The boys, however, never bothered with the subject. They were my friends, not because of the size of my wardrobe but because they liked me. - Marilyn Monroe

24. The minute you got the Nobel Peace Prize, things that I said yesterday, with nobody paying too much attention, I say the same things after I got it - oh! It was quite crucial for people, and it helped our morale because apartheid did look invincible. - Desmond Tutu

25. Women get the attention when we get into the men's arena, and that's sad. - Billie Jean King

26. I'm not one of those people that goes into details of my personal life on national TV to get attention. Some things are better left unsaid. - Mariah Carey

27. I guess because I pay so much attention to the physical part of the character, I don't look upon it as like Charlize Theron up there. I don't think of them as like Charlize Theron films. - - Charlize Theron

28. I got attention by being funny at school, pretending to be retarded, and jumping around with a deformed hand. - Leonardo DiCaprio

29. There are grave misgivings that the discussion on ecology may be designed to distract attention from the problems of war and poverty. - Indira Gandhi

30. I don't really celebrate fame because I get enough attention. - Nicole Kidman

31. When I first started out all the attention could be a bit unnerving, especially when people stared. Now I find the best thing is to just relax. Being recognized is just something you have to get used to. - Tom Cruise

32. The three ordinary things that we often don't pay enough attention to, but which I believe are the drivers of all success, are hard work, perseverance, and basic honesty. - Azim Premji

33. Teaching's hard! You need different skills: positive reinforcement, keeping students from getting bored, commanding their attention in a certain way. - Bill Gates

34. Rice, wheat and other grains can help to address protein-calorie under-nutrition. But only attention to horticulture, milk and eggs can help to overcome hidden hunger caused by the deficiency of micro-nutrients like iodine, iron, zinc, vitamin A, vitamin B12, etc. - M. S. Swaminathan

35. The book salesman should be honored because he brings to our attention, as a rule, the very books we need most and neglect most. - Confucius

36. We pay attention to every demographic in every country, so we're going to focus on building things that teens are going to like, and we're also going to focus on building things that other folks are going to like. - Mark Zuckerberg.

1*FX0botJ-OFKgT4T3DJYh5A.png

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer