Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-08-03 17:04:05

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Australia Quotes

Australia Quotes

1. When you disrespect Australian law, they will tell your firmly. Declare everything when you enter Australia. - Johnny Depp

2. My point was that the war was intrinsically wrong, and as a result of our participation we haven't improved Australia's security but created a greater danger at home and abroad. - Bob Hawke

3. The most impactful dollars that Australia can spend are actually what goes to help the poorest. - Bill Gates

4. There's an ease that I have living in Australia. The best things about Sydney are free: the sunshine's free, and the harbour's free, and the beach is free. - Russell Crowe

5. The wickets I have played on for my whole career, most of them have been to suit fast bowlers in Australia. - Shane Warne

6. I saw Kyrgios down in Australia. He played some very good tennis, won two or three matches, and has done the same here at Wimbledon. I think Australia's got a good prospect in Kyrgios. - Rod Laver

7. I thank all of those who weren't born in this country for coming here and making a contribution to Australia. We are the least discriminatory country in the world, in my view. - John Howard

8. There were two movies that asked me to go to Australia or New Zealand for long periods of time. One was 'Lord of the Rings' and one was 'The Matrix.' But I was actively involved at that time raising my family, and I couldn't really take that time out. - Nicolas Cage

9. I had a normal upbringing, studied in Chaitanya Vidyalaya till class VIII, went to Australia for two years, returned and did my Inter at Oakridge. I wasn't inclined towards academics. I barely scraped through. - Akhil Akkineni

10. We all know growth is absolutely vital to a free society. No one should want Australia to be a stag-nation: a nation with a stagnant economy and stagnant aspirations. - Rupert Murdoch

11. While I was trying to save money to go to the National Institute of Dramatic Art in Australia I ended up getting all of this experience which meant that by the time I had enough money in the bank to go to school I didn't really need to go to school anymore. - Russell Crowe

12. As a bowler, you want to go and bowl in helpful conditions in South Africa, England, and Australia. But it is also important to bowl in the right areas, and they differ from bowler to bowler, depending on conditions and the opposition. - Bhuvneshwar Kumar

13. In sport, there is always room for improvement. Whenever I see my innings against the West Indies or Australia, I think, 'Maybe, I could have done this better or should have changed that.' See, cricket is a skill game, and one can always improve upon the impact one has on an innings. - Yuvraj Singh

14. With just about every player in Australia, his whole goal and ambition is to play for Australia. That's why they're playing first class cricket. It's just a different attitude. - Shane Warne

15. I was born in Australia and am proud of my Australian provenance, but I am now an American. Like so many naturalized citizens, I felt that I was an American before I formally became one. - Rupert Murdoch

16. I'm sure that there are places in the deserts in Australia that could be similar to where we might want to go on Mars. - Buzz Aldrin

17. You need to be mentally and physically very strong to go and perform in Australia. - K. L. Rahul

18. I've been voted one of Australia's 50 national treasures. I've even had my face on an Australian stamp - the only non-Australian to do so, apart from the Queen, of course. - Russell Crowe

19. I am happy to playing against teams like South Africa and Australia early on in my career. It is going to make me stronger as a cricketer. - K. L. Rahul

20. I think we are going to see exciting cricket all the way. We are watching the two best teams in the world-and I think England will eventually go on to pip Australia by a single Test. - Ian Botham

21. As a fast bowler if you're not going to bowl well on a Perth wicket you're going to struggle in Australia. - Glenn McGrath

22. I have never moved away from my mainstay - trying to address all the environmental issues that come to me. I consult with law firms in the U.S., Australia, the U.K., Italy, Greece, and India to begin to address environmental disasters. I do motivational speaking. - Erin Brockovich

23. I absolutely love my cricket. I would watch it six, seven hours a day when Australia were playing. I grew up in a very spoilt era of Shane Warne, Adam Gilchrist, Glenn McGrath, Brett Lee, Ricky Ponting and others. - Neil Robertson

24. I think England will win a Test. My concern is Australia will probably win two. - Geoffrey Boycott

25. Did you know that Christmas Day is absolutely the best day to fly? It is. No crowded airports and crowded planes. I always flew to Australia. That's what Christmas was for me - a plane journey to the next tournament. - Monica Seles

26. I pastor a very large church in western Australia. We have about - over 2,000 people, which we have a Bible school, community services, a lot of things linked with it. So my life's very full today. Not enough days in the week. - Margaret Smith Court

27. There are golfers everywhere who may never get a chance to play a links course in Scotland, a tree-lined course in America or the sand belts of Australia. Hopefully I can bring some of those elements into their backyards. - Tiger Woods

28. I think I had about a month off when I broke my rib in Australia, which was magnificent. - Kevin Pietersen

29. The only thing that really annoys me is when all of a sudden you hear yourself on the radio advertising Smith's tyre shop or Blenkinsop's jam. They simply can't do that. And in Australia, occasionally I have to take action. - Richie Benaud

30. Australia is always a place that is dear to me; it is always my second home, and I try to get there as often as I can, but it is not next door, you know. - Garfield Sobers.

destination-map-australia.png

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer