Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-08-04 17:19:16

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Author Quotes

Author Quotes

1. I'm a single parent, a working mother, an executive, and an author. My greatest accomplishment will be to raise three wonderful children. - Ivana Trump

2. Here was buried Thomas Jefferson Author of the Declaration of American Independence Of the Statute of Virginia for religious freedom & Father of the University of Virginia. - Thomas Jefferson

3. A bad book is as much of a labor to write as a good one, it comes as sincerely from the author's soul. - Aldous Huxley

4. The two most engaging powers of an author are to make new things familiar, familiar things new. - William Makepeace Thackeray

5. The key thing about a book is that you lose yourself in the author's world. - Jeff Bezos

6. He who is the author of a war lets loose the whole contagion of hell and opens a vein that bleeds a nation to death. - Thomas Paine

7. In every author let us distinguish the man from his works. - Voltaire

8. When a Benefit is wrongly conferred, the author of the Benefit may often be said to injure. - Plato

9. A critic should be taught to criticise a work of art without making any reference to the personality of the author. - Oscar Wilde

10. Every author really wants to have letters printed in the papers. Unable to make the grade, he drops down a rung of the ladder and writes novels. - P. G. Wodehouse

11. When we see a natural style, we are astonished and charmed; for we expected to see an author, and we find a person. - Blaise Pascal

12. An author who speaks about their own books is almost as bad as a mother who speaks about her own children. - Benjamin Disraeli

13. I have no intention of becoming a shorthand author. - Isaac Pitman

14. A good novel tells us the truth about its hero; but a bad novel tells us the truth about its author. - Gilbert K. Chesterton

15. An author is a fool who, not content with boring those he lives with, insists on boring future generations. - Montesquieu

16. There is no author whose books I look forward to more than Vaclav Smil. - Bill Gates

17. Critics are sentinels in the grand army of letters, stationed at the corners of newspapers and reviews, to challenge every new author. - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

18. You know, we love stories and we love narrative; we love to get lost in an author's world. - Jeff Bezos

19. Every author in some way portrays himself in his works, even if it be against his will. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

20. Well I think any author or musician is anxious to have legitimate sales of their products, partly so they're rewarded for their success, partly so they can go on and do new things. - Bill Gates

21. The style of an author should be the image of his mind, but the choice and command of language is the fruit of exercise. - Edward Gibbon

22. I shall be but a shrimp of an author. - Thomas Gray

23. The author himself is the best judge of his own performance; none has so deeply meditated on the subject; none is so sincerely interested in the event. - Edward Gibbon

24. I hate the actor and audience business. An author should be in among the crowd, kicking their shins or cheering them on to some mischief or merriment. - D. H. Lawrence

25. If a secret history of books could be written, and the author's private thoughts and meanings noted down alongside of his story, how many insipid volumes would become interesting, and dull tales excite the reader! - William Makepeace Thackeray

26. An unread author is an author who is a victim of the worst kind of censorship, indifference - a censorship more effective than the Ecclesiastical Index. - Octavio Paz

27. I get up in the morning. I usually do a radio interview early in the morning. I usually do a book signing, because I'm also a cookbook author, so I'm at some store, at a Walmart or a Williams Sonoma, for three hours, standing up, signing autographs, and taking pictures for three hours. - Trisha Yearwood

28. A lot of school-going children are familiar with my writing. I am basically very much a children books author. - Ruskin Bond

29. I am the freest author in the world. - J. K. Rowling

30. Quite often I can be in a bookshop, standing beneath a great big picture of myself and paying for a book with a credit card clearly marked John Grisham, yet no one recognises me. I often say I'm a famous author in a country where no one reads. - John Grisham.

Publishing-Platforms-for-Indie-Authors.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer