Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-08-27 04:41:25

sajjadahmad

Is mathematics everywhere?

IS MATHEMATICS EVERYWHERE?

Well to begin with I am no math genius or a geek or in fact not at all good at maths but I am a person who loves reading and listening about stuff in math. I believe math is everywhere around us. Math gives life to life itself. Possibly anything could be and should be able to be explained by math. Math is just everywhere like the air you can't see it, you have to feel it in your minds. Math is not just solving equations and doing calculus it's something greater, something that's holds together the entire universe. So math is pretty much all around us, now for a general idea if you take any flower, the number of petals will be there in one the most amazing series-The Fibonacci Numbers. Another amazing number is the ‘Golden Ratio’ used unknowingly or knowingly all around the world in our daily lives by marketers and advertisers. Besides this there are a lot of beautiful problems, paradoxes and theorems which would sound boring with what we have learnt at school but believe me even though you might not understand all of it, it's just amazing to see how they come about and you can even feel yourself connecting with that hidden power behind math’s.
So according to me math is pretty much that makes up everything, all of the universe because right from the creation to the end and even the existence can be questioned by math (beyond scope I guess). So, math is life and it gives life. Math might be boring, hard but you will love it. Man has made his many accomplishments on this planet and math’s played a big role. There is some secret behind math, something that you will find only if you will truly seek and then you will understand the universe and how it works. Maybe math can bring peace…...!!!!!
This might not be a scientific explanation to somebody answer but just how some common people perceive the beautiful in math.

#2 2022-08-27 13:54:09

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Re: Is mathematics everywhere?

Hi sajjadahmad,

Welcome to the forum!

Good maiden post!

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

#3 2022-08-29 00:24:30

Jeremy Desmond

Re: Is mathematics everywhere?

Well said, sajjadahmad!

I resonate with what you wrote. There is a coherence and elegance in math that points to something spiritual behind it and beyond it, something relevant to the foundation and structure of life, the universe, and everything. Mathematical patterns and equations are not inventions of men’s minds but discoveries of reality. We need a heart as well as a brain to fully appreciate math.

Last edited by Jeremy Desmond (2022-08-29 00:24:50)

Board footer