Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-09-12 16:26:10

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Base Quotes

Base Quotes

1. Jealousy is both reasonable and belongs to reasonable men, while envy is base and belongs to the base, for the one makes himself get good things by jealousy, while the other does not allow his neighbour to have them through envy. - Aristotle

2. In the long run, your human capital is your main base of competition. Your leading indicator of where you're going to be 20 years from now is how well you're doing in your education system. - Bill Gates

3. Political democracy cannot last unless there lies at the base of it social democracy. What does social democracy mean? It means a way of life which recognizes liberty, equality and fraternity as the principles of life. - B. R. Ambedkar

4. Houston, Tranquillity Base here. The Eagle has landed. - Neil Armstrong

5. If your customer base is aging with you, then eventually you are going to become obsolete or irrelevant. You need to be constantly figuring out who are your new customers and what are you doing to stay forever young. - Jeff Bezos

6. Always be ready to speak your mind, and a base man will avoid you. - William Blake

7. Build today, then strong and sure, With a firm and ample base; And ascending and secure. Shall tomorrow find its place. - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

8. A permanent base on Mars would have a number of advantages beyond being a bonanza for planetary science and geology. If, as some evidence suggests, exotic micro-organisms have arisen independently of terrestrial life, studying them could revolutionise biology, medicine and biotechnology. - Paul Davies

9. Edson is the person that supports Pele. Edson is the base. Pele just comes and adds the face. - Pele

10. SpaceX is only 12 years old now. Between now and 2040, the company's lifespan will have tripled. If we have linear improvement in technology, as opposed to logarithmic, then we should have a significant base on Mars, perhaps with thousands or tens of thousands of people. - Elon Musk

11. I think music, in my opinion, is not about motivation in the way it's - it's not a running base. It's art. And my whole philosophy of music is different. It's almost like cooking and serving to people, seeing them smile and enjoying the food, really. - A. R. Rahman

12. Scoutcraft is a means through which the veriest hooligan can be brought to higher thought and to the elements of faith in God; and, coupled with the Scout's obligation to do a good turn every day, it gives the base of Duty to God and to Neighbour on which the parent or pastor can build with greater ease the form of belief that is desired. - Robert Baden-Powell

13. By getting into distribution and production, I am actually widening my base. - Ajay Devgan

14. I'm a great believer that the most important years are the sort of early years but the preschool years and then into the first and second grades. If you get a good base in the first and second grade and you can read, you can do anything. - Barbara Bush

15. The common base of all the Semitic creeds, winners or losers, was the ever present idea of world-worthlessness. Their profound reaction from matter led them to preach bareness, renunciation, poverty; and the atmosphere of this invention stifled the minds of the desert pitilessly. - T. E. Lawrence

16. Sportspersons at the grassroots must get world class exposure in terms of coaches, facilities, physical trainers and mental trainers so that a strong foundation is laid at the base. That's the key to success. - Abhinav Bindra

17. France and Germany have the manufacturing and skill base which is useful to us. France is our dependable strategic partner. - Narendra Modi

18. Bottom line, we will continue to innovate and grow our fan base with Xbox while also creating additive business value for Microsoft. - Satya Nadella

19. I always wear some make-up, even on quiet days when I am not doing so much with my time. I like to start using Dolce & Gabbana Perfect Finish Creamy Foundation as a base, as it's lighter than air and doesn't make me feel 'caked.' - Monica Bellucci

20. I was born in Corpus Christi, Texas, the youngest of four girls, including my oldest sister, Lisa, who has special needs. My mom was a special education teacher, and my dad worked on the Army base. We weren't wealthy, but we were determined to succeed. - Eva Longoria

21. Everybody knows that the great reversed triangle of land, with its base in the north and its apex in the south, which is called India, embraces fourteen hundred thousand square miles, upon which is spread unequally a population of one hundred and eighty millions of souls. - Jules Verne

22. To send humans back to the moon would not be advancing. It would be more than 50 years after the first moon landing when we got there, and we'd probably be welcomed by the Chinese. But we should return to the moon without astronauts and build, with robots, an international lunar base, so that we know how to build a base on Mars robotically. - Buzz Aldrin

23. Which, autocracy or democracy, is really better suited to modern China? If we base our judgment upon the intelligence and the ability of the Chinese people, we come to the conclusion that the sovereignty of the people would be far more suitable for us. - Sun Yat-sen

24. For simplicity one can think of the + class as having one extra base at some point or other in the genetic message and the - class as having one too few. - Francis Crick

25. You're going to have 100s of millions of users on Chrome, spanning mobile, tablets, and desktops. That is one unfragmented base. That uniformity is probably better than most of the issues across browsers. - Sundar Pichai

26. The way I see it, commercial interests should manage a lunar base while NASA gets on with the really important task of flying to Mars. - Buzz Aldrin

27. I wish every American had an opportunity to sit down, to go to a base, to meet with families, to meet with service members, to sit down with our veterans - because we would think differently about our challenges as individuals. - Michelle Obama

28. Western companies want access to Indian talent. That is why they outsource; that is why they come to India to set up base. - Azim Premji

29. I can't inject renewables into a grid that doesn't have base load. - Piyush Goyal

30. The film producers have to understand that melody is the base of Indian music - they have to come back to that. Else, we'll have short lived chart toppers which dim on public memory that moment the film if off screens. - Kumar Sanu.

An-Acid.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer