Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-09-13 16:33:57

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Basic Quotes

Basic Quotes

1. Our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal. - John F. Kennedy

2. Every sale has five basic obstacles: no need, no money, no hurry, no desire, no trust. - Zig Ziglar

3. In my judgment, physical fitness is basic to all forms of excellence and to a strong, confident nation. - Robert Kennedy

4. Imagine a country that flies into space, launches Sputniks, creates such a defense system, and it can't resolve the problem of women's pantyhose. There's no toothpaste, no soap powder, not the basic necessities of life. It was incredible and humiliating to work in such a government. - Mikhail Gorbachev

5. All religions try to benefit people, with the same basic message of the need for love and compassion, for justice and honesty, for contentment. - Dalai Lama

6. Governments will always play a huge part in solving big problems. They set public policy and are uniquely able to provide the resources to make sure solutions reach everyone who needs them. They also fund basic research, which is a crucial component of the innovation that improves life for everyone. - Bill Gates

7. Health and hygiene are a basic personal need for all. - Manushi Chhillar

8. A rising tide doesn't raise people who don't have a boat. We have to build the boat for them. We have to give them the basic infrastructure to rise with the tide. - Rahul Gandhi

9. It seems that I have always been ahead of my time. I had to wait nineteen years before Niagara was harnessed by my system, fifteen years before the basic inventions for wireless which I gave to the world in 1893 were applied universally. - Nikola Tesla

10. We've become, now, an oligarchy instead of a democracy. I think that's been the worst damage to the basic moral and ethical standards to the American political system that I've ever seen in my life. - Jimmy Carter

11. Of the billionaires I have known, money just brings out the basic traits in them. If they were jerks before they had money, they are simply jerks with a billion dollars. - Warren Buffett

12. There is not enough funding for basic sciences in India. We have to invest in a big way, and I am pushing that idea. - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam

13. Basically it starts with four months of training, just basic stretching, kicking and punching. Then you come to the choreography and getting ready to put the dance together. - Keanu Reeves

14. Extremism can flourish only in an environment where basic governmental social responsibility for the welfare of the people is neglected. Political dictatorship and social hopelessness create the desperation that fuels religious extremism. - Benazir Bhutto

15. We gazed dreamily at the Milky Way and once in a while caught some shooting stars. Times like those gave me the opportunity to wonder and ask all those very basic questions. That sense of awe for the heavens started there. - Kalpana Chawla

16. Our species needs, and deserves, a citizenry with minds wide awake and a basic understanding of how the world works. - Carl Sagan

17. Quantum physics thus reveals a basic oneness of the universe. - Erwin Schrodinger

18. There are two major challenges before Indian agriculture today: ecological and economical. The conservation of our basic agricultural assets such as land, water, and biodiversity is a major challenge. How to make agriculture sustainable is the challenge. - M. S. Swaminathan

19. To aid life, leaving it free, however, that is the basic task of the educator. - Maria Montessori

20. To Mahatma Gandhi, the key to India's progress was the development of its villages. In his unified vision, education, agriculture, village industry, social reform all came together to provide the basis for a vibrant rural society free from exploitation and linked to the urban centres as equals. Our planning incorporates this basic insight. - Rajiv Gandhi

21. If you read my books, especially the Star Trek books and the Quest for Tomorrow books, you'll see in them the core theme of the basic humanistic questions that Star Trek asked. - William Shatner

22. Government isn't that good at rapid advancement of technology. It tends to be better at funding basic research. To have things take off, you've got to have commercial companies do it. - Elon Musk

23. Every form of government tends to perish by excess of its basic principle. - Will Durant

24. The sole and basic source of our strength is the solidarity of workers, peasants and the intelligentsia, the solidarity of the nation, the solidarity of people who seek to live in dignity, truth, and in harmony with their conscience. - Lech Walesa

25. There is no person in this room whose basic rights are not involved in any successful defiance to the carrying out of court orders. - Dwight D. Eisenhower

26. For in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this small planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's futures. And we are all mortal. - John F. Kennedy

27. For me, I was somebody who was a smart young guy who didn't do very well in school. The basic system of education, I didn't fit in; my intelligence was elsewhere. - Bruce Springsteen

28. There is something basic about protecting land by taking it off the market. People should be able to enjoy where they live while at the same time protect the plants and animals around them. - Tom Hanks

29. I am sure you will agree that all children deserve time, attention, and love from the adults in their lives. These basic qualities are so much more valuable than the always-changing material and social concerns that can seem so important to young people. - Kate Middleton

30. We have now just enshrined, as soon as I sign this bill, the core principle that everybody should have some basic security when it comes to their healthcare. - Barack Obama

31. The basic Buddhist stand on the question of equality between the genders is age-old. At the highest tantric levels, at the highest esoteric level, you must respect women: every woman. - Dalai Lama

32. Vegetation is the basic instrument the creator uses to set all of nature in motion. - Antoine Lavoisier

33. If I could snap my fingers and do one thing in science, I would get more funding for basic science. But the level of funding that needs to be done is not on the order of millions, like the cost of the Breakthrough Prizes. It's billions to tens of billions. - Mark Zuckerberg

34. To the man who reads 'Scouting for Boys' superficially, there is a disappointing lack of religion in the book. But to him who tries it in practice, the basic religion underlying it soon becomes apparent. - Robert Baden-Powell

35. No doubt we have to have bigger projects, bigger industries, basic industries, but it is a matter of the highest importance that we look to the common man, the weakest element in the society. - Lal Bahadur Shastri

36. America is a Nation with a mission - and that mission comes from our most basic beliefs. We have no desire to dominate, no ambitions of empire. Our aim is a democratic peace - a peace founded upon the dignity and rights of every man and woman. - George W. Bush.

8uCAWl8v.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer