Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-09-14 18:01:48

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Barrier and Barriers Quotes

Barrier and Barriers Quotes

1. Literature is my Utopia. Here I am not disenfranchised. No barrier of the senses shuts me out from the sweet, gracious discourses of my book friends. They talk to me without embarrassment or awkwardness. - Helen Keller

2. Age is no barrier. It's a limitation you put on your mind. - Jackie Joyner-Kersee

3. The world is given to me only once, not one existing and one perceived. Subject and object are only one. The barrier between them cannot be said to have broken down as a result of recent experience in the physical sciences, for this barrier does not exist. - Erwin Schrodinger

4. Balancing my career between two industries has never been an issue. I started with a Telugu film and have a soft corner for the south industry, though I've grown up speaking Hindi. I don't think language can be a barrier when it comes to acting. And, since I come from a theatre background, I'm used to memorizing my lines. - Kajal Aggarwal

5. The 1980s were fantastic. This was a time when we were at the peak of our creative work. The question of whether we would exist or not - something which everybody used to ask, including ourselves - stopped. Profits kept pace with growth requirements. HCL had credibility - that was the biggest barrier we had to break. - Shiv Nadar

6. Language doesn't seem to be a barrier for me to do films in the south. - Vivek Oberoi

7. I believe that two people are connected at the heart, and it doesn't matter what you do, or who you are or where you live; there are no boundaries or barriers if two people are destined to be together. - Julia Roberts

8. Culture makes people understand each other better. And if they understand each other better in their soul, it is easier to overcome the economic and political barriers. But first they have to understand that their neighbour is, in the end, just like them, with the same problems, the same questions. - Paulo Coelho

9. There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect. - Ronald Reagan

10. Social media is reducing social barriers. It connects people on the strength of human values, not identities. - Narendra Modi

11. Peace is a daily, a weekly, a monthly process, gradually changing opinions, slowly eroding old barriers, quietly building new structures. - John F. Kennedy

12. I'd be stupid not to take into consideration that there are certain things people will not consider me for because my name is Lopez. And I know I can do any kind of role. I don't want anybody to say, Oh, she can't pull this off. So those are barriers that you have to overcome. - Jennifer Lopez

13. In our society, the women who break down barriers are those who ignore limits. - Arnold Schwarzenegger

14. I beg you be persuaded that no one would be more zealous than myself to establish effectual barriers against the horrors of spiritual tyranny, and every species of religious persecution. - George Washington

15. I define friendship as a bond that transcends all barriers. When you are ready to expect anything and everything from friends, good, bad or ugly... that's what I call true friendship. - Harbhajan Singh

16. The tennis ball doesn't know how old I am. The ball doesn't know if I'm a man or a woman or if I come from a communist country or not. Sport has always broken down these barriers. - Martina Navratilova

17. I hope we will use the Net to cross barriers and connect cultures. - Tim Berners-Lee

18. A society that admits misery, a humanity that admits war, seem to me an inferior society and a debased humanity; it is a higher society and a more elevated humanity at which I am aiming - a society without kings, a humanity without barriers. - Victor Hugo

19. The barriers are not erected which can say to aspiring talents and industry, 'Thus far and no farther.' - Ludwig van Beethoven

20. I feel that there are a few things in the world without cultural barriers. - Jackie Chan

21. Protectionism in all its forms should be rejected, and efforts should be made to discipline measures that constitute barriers to trade. - Sushma Swaraj

22. The construction of permanent sea walls can be taken up only in places where there is sea erosion due to heavy anthropogenic pressures. The locations for such non-living barriers should be determined on the basis of a carefully conducted erosion-vulnerability analysis. - M. S. Swaminathan

23. Human beings are human beings, irrespective of barriers. - Poonam Dhillon

24. The leaders of the world's largest economies agreed during the November 2008 G20 summit not to create barriers hindering global trade and capital flows. Russia shares these principles. - Vladimir Putin

25. My aim is to do better than I did in Tokyo. I am glad I won the Olympic gold. I may have got the national record, but I am trying to breach the 90-metre barrier. Neeraj Chopra.

hs-barrier-to-edit-in-picasa.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer