Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-09-15 16:27:56

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Based Quotes

Based Quotes

1. Power is of two kinds. One is obtained by the fear of punishment and the other by acts of love. Power based on love is a thousand times more effective and permanent then the one derived from fear of punishment. - Mahatma Gandhi

2. A good decision is based on knowledge and not on numbers. - Plato

3. The advance of technology is based on making it fit in so that you don't really even notice it, so it's part of everyday life. - Bill Gates

4. A system of morality which is based on relative emotional values is a mere illusion, a thoroughly vulgar conception which has nothing sound in it and nothing true. - Socrates

5. All religions and all communities have the same rights, and it is my responsibility to ensure their complete and total protection. My government will not tolerate or accept any discrimination based on caste, creed and religion. - Narendra Modi

6. Beauty and femininity are ageless and can't be contrived, and glamour, although the manufacturers won't like this, cannot be manufactured. Not real glamour; it's based on femininity. - Marilyn Monroe

7. Anger is a manifestation of a deeper issue... and that, for me, is based on insecurity, self-esteem and loneliness. - Naomi Campbell

8. There is no memory or retentive faculty based on lasting impression. What we designate as memory is but increased responsiveness to repeated stimuli. - Nikola Tesla

9. We hunger to understand, so we invent myths about how we imagine the world is constructed - and they're, of course, based upon what we know, which is ourselves and other animals. So we make up stories about how the world was hatched from a cosmic egg or created after the mating of cosmic deities or by some fiat of a powerful being. - Carl Sagan

10. A hallucination is a fact, not an error; what is erroneous is a judgment based upon it. - Bertrand Russell

11. I think most of us are raised with preconceived notions of the choices we're supposed to make. We waste so much time making decisions based on someone else's idea of our happiness - what will make you a good citizen or a good wife or daughter or actress. Nobody says, 'Just be happy - go be a cobbler or go live with goats.' - Sandra Bullock

12. I am glad that Zimbabwe and China speak the same language on many issues. We share the same conviction that only a fair, just, and non-prescriptive world order, based on the principles of the charter of the United Nations, can deliver the development we all need. - Robert Mugabe

13.I believe in immigration. But I feel people think it would be better if there was an Australian-style points based system so we could actually get a good system. - Boris Johnson

14. My game is based on improvisation. Often, a forward does not have the time to think too much. You have a second, rarely more, to decide whether to dribble, shoot or pass to the right or left. It is instinct that gives the orders. - Ronaldinho

15. Reconciliation should be accompanied by justice, otherwise it will not last. While we all hope for peace it shouldn't be peace at any cost but peace based on principle, on justice. - Corazon Aquino

16. I pay a lot of tax, and I feel, one of the reasons I stay and pay why I'm not based in Monaco... I think my country helped me. - J. K. Rowling

17. Religious faith, like political belief, should be based on reasoning, on the development of thought and feelings. The two things are inseparable. - Fidel Castro

18. I've never done work for money ever. If your choices are based on grosses and the film doesn't do well, what does that mean? It leaves you with nothing. - Tom Cruise

19. Logically, harmony must come from the heart... Harmony very much based on trust. As soon as use force, creates fear. Fear and trust cannot go together. - Dalai Lama

20. If the critics are right that I've made all my decisions based on polls, then I must not be very good at reading them. - Barack Obama

21. We are a country based on democracy, tolerance, and openness to the world. - Angela Merkel

22. Music is the only passion I shamelessly indulge in. However, for recreation I enjoy watching movies. 'Wizard of Oz' was the first film I ever saw, followed by the 'Bond' movies. I also watch a lot of World cinema through DVDs mostly brought by one of my best friends who's now based in Toronto. - A. R. Rahman

23. My attitude to peace is rather based on the Burmese definition of peace - it really means removing all the negative factors that destroy peace in this world. So peace does not mean just putting an end to violence or to war, but to all other factors that threaten peace, such as discrimination, such as inequality, poverty. - Aung San Suu Kyi

24. All compromise is based on give and take, but there can be no give and take on fundamentals. Any compromise on mere fundamentals is a surrender. For it is all give and no take. - Mahatma Gandhi

25. There are those who would draw a sharp line between power politics and a principled foreign policy based on values. This polarized view - you are either a realist or devoted to norms and values - may be just fine in academic debate, but it is a disaster for American foreign policy. American values are universal. - Condoleezza Rice

26. You can't make your choices based on what critics think. You have to make your choices based on what's honest for you. - Nicolas Cage

27. I have relationships with people I'm working with, based on our combined interest. It doesn't make the relationship any less sincere, but it does give it a focus that may not last beyond the experience. - Harrison Ford

28. My whole belief system is that our paths are drawn for us. I believe in reincarnation. I believe we're here to learn and grow. We choose how we come into this life based on what it is we have to learn. Some people have harder lessons than others. - Gillian Anderson

29. Olympism seeks to create a way of life based on the joy found in effort, the educational value of a good example and respect for universal fundamental ethical principles. - Pierre de Coubertin

30. The Flower of My Secret is definitely more based in true emotions. I also wanted to make something more realistic, but not naturalistic or simple. - Pedro Almodovar

31. As a mature and responsible nation, one of India's foreign policy interests is to evolve a regional architecture based on the twin principles of shared security and shared prosperity. - Sushma Swaraj

32. Really advanced civilization is based on advances in energy. - Bill Gates

33. For me, the essence of the great American Dream is spiritual. I believe that our Constitution is inspired and that it is based on principles that are timeless and universal. This is the reason why 95% of all written constitutions throughout the world are modeled after our Constitution. - Stephen Covey

34. The thing I am attracted to is just good writing and stories that are based somewhat in reality. - Jennifer Aniston

35. All I can tell you is that you cannot make choices in your own career, either career choices or choices when you're actually working as an actor, based on trying to downplay or live up to a comparison with somebody else. You just can't do that. You have to do your own work based on your own gut, your own instincts, and your own life. - Brandon Lee

36. The reason I chose the movies that I did was based on where they were being filmed. - Meryl Streep.

cover5.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer