Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-09-16 18:05:10

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Basically Quotes

Basically Quotes

1. There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded. - Mark Twain

2. Technology is nothing. What's important is that you have a faith in people, that they're basically good and smart, and if you give them tools, they'll do wonderful things with them. - Steve Jobs

3. People are basically the same the world over. Everybody wants the same things - to be happy, to be healthy, to be at least reasonably prosperous, and to be secure. They want friends, peace of mind, good family relationships, and hope that tomorrow is going to be even better than today. - Zig Ziglar

4. Basically, when you get to my age, you'll really measure your success in life by how many of the people you want to have love you actually do love you. - Warren Buffett

5. All major religious traditions carry basically the same message, that is love, compassion and forgiveness the important thing is they should be part of our daily lives. - Dalai Lama

6. Sometimes people ask me why I began perestroika. Were the causes basically domestic or foreign? The domestic reasons were undoubtedly the main ones, but the danger of nuclear war was so serious that it was a no less significant factor. - Mikhail Gorbachev

7. I usually describe myself as an engineer; that's basically what I've been doing since I was a kid. - Elon Musk

8. Our character is basically a composite of our habits. Because they are consistent, often unconcious patterns, they constantly, daily, express our character. - Stephen Covey

9. I am convinced that material things can contribute a lot to making one's life pleasant, but, basically, if you do not have very good friends and relatives who matter to you, life will be really empty and sad and material things cease to be important. - David Rockefeller

10. Basically it starts with four months of training, just basic stretching, kicking and punching. Then you come to the choreography and getting ready to put the dance together. - Keanu Reeves

11. I stopped thinking about it after trying to figure out what are the lessons learned, and there are so many. After I had basically sorted that out, I figured it's time to really look at the future and not at the past. - Kalpana Chawla

12. You know, I live a monastic lifestyle. No, I do. I do live in extremes, basically. I go back and forth. Once every six months, I'll have a day where I eat more chocolate than has ever been consumed by a human being. - Jim Carrey

13. Protecting the rights of even the least individual among us is basically the only excuse the government has for even existing. - Ronald Reagan

14. I think I'm basically a liberal Conservative - I believe in low tax, spirit of free enterprise, and in making sure that we as politicians create the framework for business to produce the dosh that we're going to need to pay for the poorest. And the longer I live, the more I think that we all have a duty to each other. - Boris Johnson

15. I don't want to say too many words about the magic of the Cube, because it's basically a mystery. It's like the Mona Lisa smile. It's both complex and very simple at the same time. And, well, people like it. Even today. - Erno Rubik

16. Prior to 'Pirates of the Caribbean' - the first one in 2003 - I had been essentially known within the confines of Hollywood as box office poison, you know what I'm saying? You know, I basically had built a career on 20 years of failures. - Johnny Depp

17. I am basically a private person. - Imran Khan

18. I intend to fight and I want to win. But my priorities are basically to be a good Brother and a strong one, and to try to be a good father one day. - Mike Tyson

19. Don't ask me to explain a mystique. I'm just enjoying all this while it lasts. I'm basically doing the same thing I was doing 20 years ago. - Charles Bronson

20. The ultimate search engine would basically understand everything in the world, and it would always give you the right thing. And we're a long, long ways from that. - Larry Page

21. When I was a little kid we moved to Tulsa, then to St. Louis and, by the time I was in kindergarten, we lived in Springfield, Missouri. There I basically grew up. - Brad Pitt

22. The Moon Village concept has a nice property in that it basically just says, 'Look, everybody builds their own lunar outpost, but let's do it close to each other.' That way... you can go over to the European Union lunar outpost and say, 'I'm out of eggs. What have you got?' - Jeff Bezos

23. There are a lot of roles in Shakespeare, basically. If I feel that the script is a movie, I would be interested in doing any role of Shakespeare's. - Al Pacino

24. I know I have to run 20 more minutes if I eat ice cream. Basically, I eat everything, but I just do more training. - Jackie Chan

25. I basically love classical music. I love a lot of musicians playing together and the whole culture of that, whether it's Indian or it's Western. - A. R. Rahman

26. Well the protester I think is a very powerful thing. It's basically a mechanism of democracy that, along with capitalism, scientific innovation, those things have built the modern world. And it's wonderful that the new tools have empowered that protestor so that state secrets, bad developments are not hidden anymore. - Bill Gates

27. I've always basically done everything that's been offered to me. I'm one of the few actors who enjoy working a lot. - Abhishek Bachchan

28. Basically I am just another actor who loves his work and this thing about age only exists in the media. - Amitabh Bachchan

29. Basically, our goal is to organize the world's information and to make it universally accessible and useful. - Larry Page

30. Particularly Instagram, people look like they have a much better life than they really do. People basically seem like they are way better-looking than they really are, and they are way happier-seeming than they really are. - Elon Musk

31. I try to basically keep my opinions to myself when it comes to people who are charged with crimes that I don't know anything about. - Oprah Winfrey

32. A lot of people talk about what the 1982 team did on the pitch but that side was so dear to Brazilian fans also because it featured players that supporters would see in flesh and bone on a regular basis, either at games or even on the streets. Now they basically only see the Selecao on the TV. - Zico

33. I basically became a cheerleader because I had a very strict mom. That was my way of being a bad girl. - Sandra Bullock

34. I am in movies basically for the money, and frankly, I have a hard time believing those who say they act for the love of acting! - Ajith Kumar

35. So basically it's very simple: to start with, if you want to win the match, you shouldn't be afraid of him. There are still many, many things to do, but above all this is the most important: Don't be scared of him! - Vladimir Kramnik

36. Our strategy is very horizontal. We're trying to build a social layer for everything. Basically, we're trying to make it so that every app everywhere can be social, whether it's on the web or mobile or other devices. So inherently, our whole approach has to be a breadth-first approach rather than a depth-first one. - Mark Zuckerberg.

basically-header.png

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer