Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-09-18 16:31:53

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Bat Quotes

Bat Quotes

1. The bat is not a toy, it's a weapon. It gives me everything in life, which helps me to do everything on the field. - Virat Kohli

2. Quite honestly, cricket is same at all levels. It's a game of bat and ball. - K. L. Rahul

3. I don't understand the whole dating thing. I know right off the bat if I'm interested in someone, and I don't want them to waste their money on me and take me out to eat if I know I'm not interested in that person. - Britney Spears

4. Of course I like to watch myself bat. After every innings, match, series, I do watch my own videos whenever I get the time. - Rohit Sharma

5. I didn't wear a helmet because I wanted to show that the bowler wasn't intimidating me, and also that's just the way I liked to bat. - Viv Richards

6. I always dreamt of holding the bat and winning games for India. That was my inspiration to take up cricket. - Virat Kohli

7. Some kinds of animals burrow in the ground; others do not. Some animals are nocturnal, as the owl and the bat; others use the hours of daylight. There are tame animals and wild animals. Man and the mule are always tame; the leopard and the wolf are invariably wild, and others, as the elephant, are easily tamed. - Aristotle

8. In terms of how I want to influence the game, I try to have a positive effect with the ball or bat in my hand. - Ben Stokes

9. The more allrounders you have, the more difficult it becomes for the opposition. The reason being, if you have players who can bat and bowl, and if they are proper allrounders - they may be spinning or fast-bowling allrounders - they add to the strength of the team. - MS Dhoni

10. Chris Gayle is an incredible player. A big guy, with phenomenal power and a very big bat. It's quite the combo. - Jos Buttler

11. From a purely selfish, batting point of view, I couldn't bat any better than the 2010-11 Ashes and then in India in 2012. That was as good as I could play. - Alastair Cook

12. That's the great thing about being an all-rounder. You can impose yourself on the game with bat and ball. - Ben Stokes

13. You can't blame someone for not knowing what his or her job should be if you don't ask for it right off the bat. - Jennifer Aniston

14. Well, I've admired Anil Kumble for making optimum use of his talent, loved the tenacity of Rahul Dravid, I say wow to the free-flowing style of AB de Villiers, admired Virat Kohli for the phenomenal way he prepares and his unbelievable ability to finish matches... I also enjoy watching Rohit Sharma bat... See, it's not about one individual. - Dinesh Karthik

15. When I was growing up, we would play a 10-over or 15-over game, and the asking-rate would always be high, and I would end up scoring 30 or 40 runs in 15 balls, so I built that mindset right from the beginning and still continue to bat in the same manner. - Virender Sehwag

16. I can't bring a sword into the ground, so have to make do with the bat. - Ravindra Jadeja

17. To make big runs you've got to bat plenty of time. - Michael Clarke

18. When you're playing against a team like India you're always going to struggle, especially as they bat all the way down the order to No. 9 and 10. - Dale Steyn

19. I believe in my race, colour. I never felt inferior to anyone. Maybe that's why the folks who made me feel that way, may think Vivian Richards is the most arrogant guy on earth, but no. I bat for human beings, equal rights. - Viv Richards

20. You need more individuals who can do more than one job in the field. Especially if all of them are good fielders and if they can contribute with bat and ball if needed. Just adds to the strength of the side. - MS Dhoni

21. It's not really part of the game to say, 'Oh, it's a batter's game; it's a batter's game' - I don't know why it goes on. It's a beautiful game that's greatly competitive between bat and ball. - AB de Villiers

22. The battle between bat and ball is a one-on-one thing. I love that stuff, but you play it in a team. - Alastair Cook

23. I have worked really hard on my game, but I think my mother has been a real pillar of strength. She has prayed a lot, sacrificed a lot for me. You know, she hasn't seen me bat so far. When I am batting, she is praying... mothers are like that, aren't they? - Yuvraj Singh

24. Rishabh Pant whenever he has got away from Delhi on good pitches, hard pitches where there is carry, he has been exceptional with the bat. - Sourav Ganguly

25. When Mahela Jayawardene was with us before the Test series against Pakistan he said it should all be about enjoying your talent and skill. He took his bat out there to score runs and enjoy playing the game. - Jos Buttler

26. I keep a lucky red rag in my pocket when I bat, which has been a good luck charm for a few years. - Steve Waugh

27. I try to hit the ball along the ground, especially against fast bowlers. I also like the bat to come down in the right position and check if my body position is correct. If I'm really watching the ball carefully, then automatically I'm in a good position to hit it down the ground. - Virender Sehwag

28. I like wearing good clothes. Some of my friends who are into making clothes told me since I was already playing with my own brand of bat sticker, I should make a foray in fashion. The idea has worked very well. - Harbhajan Singh

29. When you bat, you need to have a lot of patience. I started training for it from the age of eight or nine. So, I knew what I needed when I stepped on the field to bat. - Mohammad Azharuddin

30. No one can act like Bachchan saab or bat like Virender Sehwag. - Gautam Gambhir

31. You have got to field well. If you don't bat well, you can still make a difference by fielding well. There are times I have played games just because of my fielding. - Mohammad Azharuddin

32. When I look at someone like Andrew Symonds, I see a player who has done phenomenally well with the bat, as his record shows. He certainly has the ability to be a very good all-rounder, but I think to be a great one, you need to be able to turn a game with the bat or the ball. - Garfield Sobers

33. My brother was a left-hander. When I was young, my father would say take your brother's gloves and pads and play, so I picked up the bat left-handed. - Sourav Ganguly

34. We all know just bowling won't do in modern international cricket, and we have to contribute with the bat and as a fielder, too. - Bhuvneshwar Kumar

35. My main strength is my bowling, but where I bat, I can also contribute for the team, and that is important. - Shahid Afridi

36. I certainly do not want to be remembered as a good captain who perhaps didn't contribute with the bat as much as he might have done. - Nasser Hussain.

71M7Xo3OTKL._SL1500_1024x1024@2x.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer