Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-09-18 17:57:24

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Battle Quotes

Battle Quotes

1. I cannot lead you into battle. I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else - I can give my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations. - Queen Elizabeth II

2. In preparing for battle I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensable. - Dwight D. Eisenhower

3. To become 'unique,' the challenge is to fight the hardest battle which anyone can imagine until you reach your destination. - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam

4. You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it. - Margaret Thatcher

5. Love does not begin and end the way we seem to think it does. Love is a battle, love is a war; love is a growing up. - James Baldwin

6. In every battle there comes a time when both sides consider themselves beaten, then he who continues the attack wins. - Ulysses S. Grant

7. It is humiliating to remain with our hands folded while others write history. It matters little who wins. To make a people great it is necessary to send them to battle even if you have to kick them in the pants. That is what I shall do. - Benito Mussolini

8. Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything. - Harry S Truman

9. No battle plan survives contact with the enemy. - Colin Powell

10. As a man sow, shall he reap. and I know that talk is cheap. But the heat of the battle is as sweet as the victory. - Bob Marley

11. An election is a moral horror, as bad as a battle except for the blood; a mud bath for every soul concerned in it. - George Bernard Shaw

12. How happy had it been for me had I been slain in the battle. It had been far more noble to have died the victim of the enemy than fall a sacrifice to the rage of my friends. - Alexander the Great

13. France has lost the battle but she has not lost the war. - Charles de Gaulle

14. Raising children is an uncertain thing; success is reached only after a life of battle and worry. - Democritus

15. Marriage is like life - it is a field of battle, not a bed of roses. - Robert Louis Stevenson

16. Unlike cricket, where I reached the top solely down to my own efforts, cancer was not a one-man battle. This time, I couldn't have done it on my own. Without the support and bullying encouragement of my wife Rachael, I would not be here now. - Geoffrey Boycott

17. Violence as a way of achieving racial justice is both impractical and immoral. I am not unmindful of the fact that violence often brings about momentary results. Nations have frequently won their independence in battle. But in spite of temporary victories, violence never brings permanent peace. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

18. A leader who doesn't hesitate before he sends his nation into battle is not fit to be a leader. - Golda Meir

19. I think right now it's a battle for the mindshare of developers and for the mindshare of customers, and right now iPhone and Android are winning that battle. - Steve Jobs

20. No one has been barred on account of his race from fighting or dying for America, there are no white or colored signs on the foxholes or graveyards of battle. - John F. Kennedy

21. Why should we honour those that die upon the field of battle? A man may show as reckless a courage in entering into the abyss of himself. - William Butler Yeats

22. I'm no longer just a candidate. I'm the President. I know what it means to send young Americans into battle, for I have held in my arms the mothers and fathers of those who didn't return. I've shared the pain of families who've lost their homes, and the frustration of workers who've lost their jobs. - Barack Obama

23. Pakistan's future viability, stability and security lie in empowering its people and building political institutions. My goal is to prove that the fundamental battle for the hearts and minds of a generation can be accomplished only under democracy. - Benazir Bhutto

24. There is no glory in battle worth the blood it costs. - Dwight D. Eisenhower

25. It is warm work; and this day may be the last to any of us at a moment. But mark you! I would not be elsewhere for thousands. - at the Battle of Copenhagen. - Horatio Nelson

26. I believe in the battle-whether it's the battle of a campaign or the battle of this office, which is a continuing battle. - Richard M. Nixon

27. The battle for women's rights has been largely won. - Margaret Thatcher

28. The battle against cancer has made me strong. It's like winning a war! When I was diagnosed, I was told by doctors my kidney, liver and other organs could fail. It was tough. I didn't know if I could save my life. But I was positive, and because of that, the doctor told me that I would be a man who would never have cancer. - Yuvraj Singh

29. If there is honesty in your face, the battle is won. It doesn't have to be the most beautiful face in the world. The audience can relate to you then. They feel love, not lust, for you. - Preity Zinta

30. In a battle all you need to make you fight is a little hot blood and the knowledge that it's more dangerous to lose than to win. - George Bernard Shaw

31. Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war. - Donald Trump

32. Producing is so exciting because you can enable things to happen, whether it's like discovering a filmmaker who you're taking a chance on, protecting a battle and driving home at the end of the day just going, 'I'm so glad I stayed late at work and fought hard for that. Had my passion. Won that battle.' - Drew Barrymore.

battle-royale-games-call-of-duty-mobile-580x334.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer