Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-09-28 16:19:49

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Became Quotes

Became Quotes

1. The name Muhammad is the most common name in the world. In all the countries around the world - Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Morocco, Turkey, Syria, Lebanon - there are more Muhammads than anything else. When I joined the Nation of Islam and became a Muslim, they gave me the most famous name because I was the champ. - Muhammad Ali

2. My mother said to me, 'If you are a soldier, you will become a general. If you are a monk, you will become the Pope.' Instead, I was a painter, and became Picasso. - Pablo Picasso

3. A man who was completely innocent, offered himself as a sacrifice for the good of others, including his enemies, and became the ransom of the world. It was a perfect act. - Mahatma Gandhi

4. With my mom and dad around, I became a child yet again. - Manisha Koirala

5. Each problem that I solved became a rule, which served afterwards to solve other problems. - Rene Descartes

6. In my youth, I traveled much, and I observed in different countries, that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer. - Benjamin Franklin

7. I was set free because my greatest fear had been realized, and I still had a daughter who I adored, and I had an old typewriter and a big idea. And so rock bottom became a solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life. - J. K. Rowling

8. I haven't eaten at a McDonald's since I became President. - William J. Clinton

9. Complex things, if you don't understand them, it seems complicated. If you understand them, and we know how to handle it, it became simple. - Erno Rubik

10. On the day I became Soviet leader, in March 1985, I had a special meeting with the leaders of the Warsaw Pact countries and told them: 'You are independent, and we are independent. You are responsible for your policies, we are responsible for ours. We will not intervene in your affairs, I promise you.' - Mikhail Gorbachev

11. My own dreams fortunately came true in this great state. I became Mr. Universe; I became a successful businessman. And even though some people say I still speak with a slight accent, I have reached the top of the acting profession. - Arnold Schwarzenegger

12. Music from my fourth year began to be the first of my youthful occupations. Thus early acquainted with the gracious muse who tuned my soul to pure harmonies, I became fond of her, and, as it often seemed to me, she of me. - Ludwig van Beethoven

13. The ability to endure and accept hardships became my mantra. - Abhinav Bindra

14. Franklin Delano Roosevelt eventually became the greatest liberal leader of 20th century United States, but he started as a fiscal conservative. His greatness is founded in his willingness to change his mind to save his country from the Great Depression. - Abhijit Banerjee

15. I started playing chess when I was five years old. I learned the moves from my mother, then worked with my father - and later trainers. My style became very technical. I sacrificed a lot of things. I was always hunting for the king, for the mate. I'd forget about my other pieces. - Garry Kasparov

16. If England became a world power, it was because of the industrial revolution. - N. R. Narayana Murthy

17. I was a personality before I became a person - I am simple, complex, generous, selfish, unattractive, beautiful, lazy and driven. - Barbra Streisand

18. Some years ago I became president of Columbia University and learned within 24 hours to be ready to speak at the drop of a hat, and I learned something more, the trustees were expected to be ready to speak at the passing of the hat. - Dwight D. Eisenhower

19. Ever since the morning of May 29, 1953, when Tenzing Norgay and I became the first climbers to step onto the summit of Mount Everest, I've been called a great adventurer. - Edmund Hillary

20. Eventually, it came to this place like, 'I'd like to direct, but I need to find the story to tell.' 'Man of Tai Chi' became the story to tell. - Keanu Reeves

21. When I came to Johannesburg from the countryside, I knew nobody, but many strangers were very kind to me. I then was dragged into politics, and then, subsequently, I became a lawyer. - Nelson Mandela

22. My life became occupied with only a couple of things: go to the stadium and practice, come back home, eat, then go back to training. - Neeraj Chopra

23. If I could apologise and go back and change history I would do. But the goal is still a goal, Argentina became world champions and I was the best player in the world. - Diego Maradona

24. A tradition I remember from my childhood was that when there was a wedding in any one family, the entire village shared the responsibility and contributed. Regardless of the caste or community, the bride became the daughter of not just a single family but of the entire village. - Ram Nath Kovind

25. I met Woz when I was 13, at a friend's garage. He was about 18. He was, like, the first person I met who knew more electronics than I did at that point. We became good friends, because we shared an interest in computers and we had a sense of humor. We pulled all kinds of pranks together. Steve Jobs

26. To some extent, Rwanda became a victim of the Somalia experience. - Kofi Annan

27. Building upon the world we created with 'Avatar' has been a rare and incredibly rewarding experience. In writing the new films, I've come to realize that 'Avatar's world, story and characters have become even richer than I anticipated, and it became apparent that two films would not be enough to capture everything I wanted to put on screen. - James Cameron

28. The action movies changed radically when it became possible to Velcro your muscles on. It was the beginning of a new era. The visual took over. The special effects became more important than the single person. That was the beginning of the end. - Sylvester Stallone

29. Man became free when he recognized that he was subject to law. - Will Durant

30. I played a lot under John Wright, he's been a great influence on how I'll go about the job, in terms of being in the background. When I became a mentor for Mumbai Indians, I brought John in because he understood a lot about Indian culture and then the way coaches work. - Anil Kumble

31. I didn't really like opera. I liked cheerleading and boys and, later, smoking. So my opera career was cut short when I was 15. My dad got sick, and we couldn't afford the lessons, so I stopped and became a cheerleader and wrecked my voice. - Meryl Streep

32. I was never treated differently. I never felt like I was lesser or I was discriminated against. I've only experienced that after I became an actor. - Anushka Sharma

33. Apoorva Raagangal,' 'Moondru Mudichu,' 'Avargal' - these were all my guru K. Balachander's films; I became a hero with these three films. - Rajinikanth

34. I am just sorry my own mother had to live under that regime for most of her life. I was lucky. I got out and, 14 years later, Czechoslovakia became a free country. So I feel anger, even fury, at this bloody system that ruined so many people's lives for no reason whatsoever. - Martina Navratilova

35. My father and mother are exceptional pedagogues who can motivate and tell it from all different angles. Later, chess for me became a sport, an art, a science, everything together. I was very focused on chess, and happy with that world. - Judit Polgar

36. When I became proficient as a salesman I was invited to teach new hires. - Zig Ziglar.

daisies-flower-clipart-md.png

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer