Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-10-01 17:13:47

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Becoming Quotes

Becoming Quotes

1. The Internet is becoming the town square for the global village of tomorrow. - Bill Gates

2. This world of ours... must avoid becoming a community of dreadful fear and hate, and be, instead, a proud confederation of mutual trust and respect. - Dwight D. Eisenhower

3. An arrogant person considers himself perfect. This is the chief harm of arrogance. It interferes with a person's main task in life - becoming a better person. - Leo Tolstoy

4. To be what we are, and to become what we are capable of becoming, is the only end of life. - Robert Louis Stevenson

5. I wear the national dress because it is the most natural and the most becoming for an Indian. - Mahatma Gandhi

6. The goal towards which the pleasure principle impels us - of becoming happy - is not attainable: yet we may not - nay, cannot - give up the efforts to come nearer to realization of it by some means or other. - Sigmund Freud

7. Tesla is becoming a real car company. - Elon Musk

8. Physics is becoming too difficult for the physicists. - David Hilbert

9. Becoming an inspiration for kids is great. I want to inspire them to do whatever they want to. - Virat Kohli

10. I want to be all that I am capable of becoming. - Katherine Mansfield

11. I'm a very positive person, but this whole concept of having to always be nice, always smiling, always happy, that's not real. It was like I was wearing a mask. I was becoming this perfectly chiselled sculpture, and that was bad. That took a long time to understand. - Alicia Keys

12. I don't want other people to decide who I am. I want to decide that for myself. I want to avoid becoming too styled and too 'done' and too generic. You see people as they go through their career, and they just become more and more like everyone else. - Emma Watson

13. Those who intend on becoming great should love neither themselves nor their own things, but only what is just, whether it happens to be done by themselves or others. - Plato

14. We want to overthrow the imperial power not because it is Manchurian but because we want republicanism... We republican revolutionaries can never have the notion of becoming emperors after the revolution, like all the peasant rebels did in the past. - Sun Yat-sen

15. The best security for civilization is the dwelling, and upon properly appointed and becoming dwellings depends, more than anything else, the improvement of mankind. - Benjamin Disraeli

16. We think Android is very, very fragmented, and becoming more fragmented by the day. And as you know, Apple strives for the integrated model so that the user isn't forced to be the systems integrator. - Steve Jobs

17. Land is becoming a diminishing resource for agriculture, in spite of a growing understanding that the future of food security will depend upon the sustainable management of land resources as well as the conservation of prime farmland for agriculture. - M. S. Swaminathan

18. Filipino talents and skills are becoming ubiquitous in many parts of the world. Returning Filipino workers have helped improve our skills and technological standards. - Ferdinand Marcos

19. Finally I'm becoming stupider no more. - Paul Erdos

20. Purchasing the Bobcats is the culmination of my post-playing career goal of becoming the majority owner of an NBA franchise. - Michael Jordan

21. There's been a big evolution since the days of personal computing. People had a concept of one computing device per family or maybe per person. We've clearly evolved to computing devices becoming more personal. - Sundar Pichai

22. Just as fossil fuels from conventional sources are finite and are becoming depleted, those from difficult sources will also run out. If we put all our energy and resources into continued fossil fuel extraction, we will have lost an opportunity to have invested in renewable energy. - David Suzuki

23. I'm first and foremost a writer. I followed my personal legend, my childhood dream of becoming a writer, but I can't say why I'm one. - Paulo Coelho

24. Information technology and business are becoming inextricably interwoven. I don't think anybody can talk meaningfully about one without the talking about the other. - Bill Gates

25. First, how do we give everyone a fair shot at opportunity and security in this new economy? Second, how do we make technology work for us, and not against us - especially when it comes to solving urgent challenges like climate change? Third, how do we keep America safe and lead the world without becoming its policeman? - Barack Obama

26. If we're going to have any chance of sending stuff to other star systems, we need to be laser-focused on becoming a multi-planet civilisation. - Elon Musk

27. Becoming eighty is a matter of life or death. I chose life. It is a much better position to be in, and it's easier on your back. - Art Buchwald

28. What we have seen is that sports is definitely developing in India. I can see a lot of positive things happening in India. It may take a bit more time, but with proper guidance and people having passion for sports, I don't think we are far away from becoming a good sporting nation. - MS Dhoni

29. One of my goals upon becoming Secretary of State was to take diplomacy out of capitals, out of government offices, into the media, into the streets of countries. - Hillary Clinton

30. I go out and look for a good story to tell and if I like it enough and I decide to direct it, I become dangerously involved in becoming a part of that story. - Steven Spielberg

31. What we want to be is something completely new. There is no physical analog for what Amazon.com is becoming. - Jeff Bezos

32. I'm very serious about becoming a dramatic actor. I don't want to play cameo parts walking on as Carl Lewis the athlete. I want to go on stage or screen and be taken seriously. - Carl Lewis

33. No one's going to be able to operate without a grounding in the basic sciences. Language would be helpful, although English is becoming increasingly international. And travel. You have to have a global attitude. - Rupert Murdoch

34. Having the ambition of becoming Olympic champion is a whole different ambition from wanting to be the greatest. - Daley Thompson

35. I embraced, I think, the process of becoming No. 1 of the world, which was long and difficult, but it's sweeter in the end. - Novak Djokovic

36. I'm becoming far more interested in just functionality and making sure my body is as strong as it can be so I can swing my kids around and not worry about aches and pains. - Matt Damon.

89474212.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer