Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#7476 2022-10-27 00:02:34

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Re: General Quiz

Hi,

#8695. When is the 'World Vegetarian Day' observed annually around the planet? (It is a day of celebration established by the North American Vegetarian Society in 1977 and endorsed by the International Vegetarian Union in 1978, "To promote the joy, compassion and life-enhancing possibilities of vegetarianism." It brings awareness to the ethical, environmental, health, and humanitarian benefits of a vegetarian lifestyle.)

#8696. When is the 'World Farm Animals Day observed? (World Farm Animals Day (WFAD) or World Day for Farm(ed) Animals, birthday of Mohandas K. Gandhi.)

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

#7477 2022-10-28 00:06:14

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Hi,

#8697. When is the 'World Environment Day' celebrated? (It is celebrated annually and is the United Nations' principal vehicle for encouraging awareness and action for the protection of the environment. First held in 1973, it has been a platform for raising awareness on environmental issues as marine pollution, overpopulation, global warming, sustainable development and wildlife crime.)

#8698. When is the 'World Post Day' occur? (It is an an international day that occurs each year, the anniversary of the Universal Postal Union (UPU), which started in 1874 in Switzerland. The UPU was the start of the global communications revolution, introducing the ability to write letter to others all over the world. World Post Day started in 1969. Since then, countries all over the world take part in celebrations to highlight the importance of the postal service. Many things happen on this day. Post offices in some countries hold special stamp collection exhibitions; there are open days at postal measures and there are workshops on postal history.)

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

#7478 2022-10-28 02:49:36

John John

The golden rule in maths don't find x if you don't know where y is-jjc

#7479 2022-10-28 02:51:55

John John

#7480 2022-10-28 03:00:05

John John

I hope i'm correct neutral

#7481 2022-10-28 03:45:35

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

I have made it amply clear I can post problems and solution one a day. Don't violate the rule.

#7482 2022-10-29 00:06:05

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Hi,

Both the answers are correct. Neat work!

#8699. When is the 'International Day of United Nations Peacekeepers'? ("an international day to pay tribute to all the men and women who have served and continue to serve in United Nations peacekeeping operations for their high level of professionalism, dedication, and courage and to honor the memory of those who have lost their lives in the cause of peace.")

#8700. When is the 'United Nations' International Day of Persons with Disabilities' observed? (International Day of Persons with Disabilities is an international observance promoted by the United Nations since 1992. It has been observed with varying degrees of success around the planet. The observance of the Day aims to promote an understanding of disability issues and mobilize support for the dignity, rights and well-being of persons with disabilities. It also seeks to increase awareness of gains to be derived from the integration of persons with disabilities in every aspect of political, social, economic and cultural life. It was originally called "International Day of Disabled Persons" until 2007. Each year the day focuses on a different issue.)

Last edited by Jai Ganesh (2022-10-29 12:03:09)

#7483 2022-10-29 06:24:44

John John

Make me understand....you are really scaring me. Should i stop answering questions? hmm

#7484 2022-10-29 08:10:16

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

From the day you joined the forum , I have been helping you with providing  problems  and solutions.

What you say is not true.

That is not the intention. I want to limit the questions and problems with answers and solutions to a limit of two a day. Hope I have made things clear. (You should remember I provide complete solutions and answers which is time consuming.)

Just keep the limit of two questions or problems a day.

Last edited by Jai Ganesh (2022-10-29 11:56:33)

#7485 2022-10-29 14:36:29

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Hi,

#8701. When is 'International Day for Universal Access to Information' proclaimed? (Initially the day (commonly called the Access to Information Day) was designated by the UNESCO General Conference. It was inaugurated in November 2015 and was first held in 2016.)

#8702. When is the 'International Day of the Girl Child' observed? (International Day of the Girl Child is an international observance day declared by the United Nations; it is also called the Day of Girls and the International Day of the Girl. It was the first Day of the Girl Child.)

#7486 2022-10-31 00:12:42

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Hi,

#8703. When is the 'World Tsunami Awareness Day'? (In December 2015, the UN General Assembly designated this day as World Tsunami Awareness Day, calling on countries, international bodies and civil society to raise tsunami awareness and share innovative approaches to risk reduction.)

#8704. When is the 'International Day of Education' observed? (International Day of Education is an annual international observance day held and is dedicated to education. On December 3, 2018, the United Nations General Assembly adopted a resolution proclaiming this day as International Day of Education, in celebration of the role of education for bringing global peace and sustainable development.)

#7487 2022-11-01 00:48:12

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Hi,

#8705. International Day for Disaster Risk Reduction (IDDRR) is an international day that encourages every citizen and government to take part in building more disaster-resilient communities and nations. The United Nations General Assembly designated this day as International Day for Natural Disaster Reduction as part of its proclamation of International Decade for Natural Disaster Reduction.

Which day is it?

#8706. World Standards Day (or International Standards Day) is an international day celebrated internationally each year on this day. The day honours the efforts of the thousands of experts who develop voluntary standards within standards development organizations such as the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC), International Ethics Standards Board for Accountants (IESBA), International Organization for Standardization (ISO), International Telecommunication Union (ITU), Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) and Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF). The aim of World Standards Day is to raise awareness among regulators, industry and consumers as to the importance of standardization to the global economy.

When is the day?

#7488 2022-11-02 00:05:01

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Hi,

#8707. When is the 'World Mental Health Day' celebrated? (World Mental Health Day is an international day for global mental health education, awareness and advocacy against social stigma. It was first celebrated in 1992 at the initiative of the World Federation for Mental Health, a global mental health organization with members and contacts in more than 150 countries. This day, each October, thousands of supporters come to celebrate this annual awareness program to bring attention to mental illness and its major effects on people's lives worldwide.)

#8708. When is the 'World Food Day' celebrated? (World Food Day is an international day celebrated every year worldwide to commemorate the date of the founding of the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization in 1945. The day is celebrated widely by many other organizations concerned with hunger and food security, including the World Food Programme, the World Health Organization and the International Fund for Agricultural Development. WFP received the Nobel Prize in Peace for 2020 for their efforts to combat hunger, contribute to peace in conflict areas, and for playing a leading role in stopping the use of hunger in the form of a weapon for war and conflict.)

#7489 2022-11-03 00:07:53

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Hi,

#8709. When is the 'International Day for the Eradication of Poverty' observed? (The first commemoration, "World Day to Overcome Poverty" took place in Paris, France, in 1987 when 100,000 people gathered on the Human Rights and Liberties Plaza at the Trocadéro to honour victims of poverty, hunger, violence, and fear at the unveiling of a commemorative stone by Joseph Wresinski, founder of the International Movement ATD Fourth World. In 1992, four years after Wresinski's death, the United Nations officially designated on this day as the International Day for the Eradication of Poverty.)

#8710. When is the 'World Development Information Day'? (The General Assembly had the object of drawing the attention of world public opinion each year to development problems and the necessity of strengthening international co-operation to solve them.

The day was further recognized as the date on which the International Development Strategy for the Second Nations Development Decade was adopted in 1970.)

#7490 2022-11-04 00:08:02

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Hi,

#8711. When is the 'World Telecommunication and Information Society Day' proclaimed? (an international day proclaimed in November 2006 by the International Telecommunication Union Plenipotentiary Conference in Antalya, Turkey, to be celebrated annually.)

#8712. When is the 'System Administrator Appreciation Day' celebrated? (System Administrator Appreciation Day, also known as Sysadmin Day, SysAdminDay, is an annual event created by system administrator Ted Kekatos. The event exists to show appreciation for the work of sysadmins and other IT workers.)

#7491 2022-11-05 00:11:05

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Hi,

#8713. When is the 'International Francophonie Day' observed? (It is observed within the International Organization of La Francophonie's 77 member states every year to celebrate the French language and Francophone culture. There are over 369 million French speakers on Earth.)

#8714. When is the 'World Poetry Day' celebrated? (It was declared by UNESCO (the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) in 1999, "with the aim of supporting linguistic diversity through poetic expression and increasing the opportunity for endangered languages to be heard". Its purpose is to promote the reading, writing, publishing and teaching of poetry throughout the world and, as the original UNESCO declaration says, to "give fresh recognition and impetus to national, regional and international poetry movements".)

#7492 2022-11-06 00:08:56

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Hi,

#8715. When is the 'International Day of Sport for Development and Peace' celebrated? (The International Day of Sport for Development and Peace (IDSDP) is an annual celebration of the power of sport to drive social change, community development and to foster peace and understanding.

Created by the United Nations General Assembly in 23 August 2013, supported by the International Olympic Committee since this day.

This date commemorates the inauguration, in 1896, of the first Olympic games of the modern era, in Athens, (Greece)).

#8716. When is the 'World Art Day' celebbrated? (World Art Day is an international celebration of the fine arts which was declared by the International Association of Art (IAA) in order to promote awareness of creative activity worldwide.)

#7493 2022-11-07 00:06:39

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Hi,

#8717. When is the 'World Book Day', also known as 'World Book and Copyright Day' or 'International Day of the Book' celebrated? (an annual event organized by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) to promote reading, publishing, and copyright. The first World Book Day was celebrated on this day in 1995, and continues to be recognized on that day. A related event in the United Kingdom and Ireland is observed in March. On the occasion of World Book and Copyright Day, UNESCO along with the advisory committee from the major sectors of the book industry, select the World Book Capital for one year. Each designated World Book Capital City carries out a program of activities to celebrate and promote books and reading.)

#8718. When is the 'International Jazz Day' celebrated? (International Jazz Day is an International Day declared by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization in 2011 "to highlight jazz and its diplomatic role of uniting people in all corners of the globe." It is celebrated annually on this day. The idea came from jazz pianist and UNESCO Goodwill Ambassador Herbie Hancock. Jazz Day is chaired by Hancock and the UNESCO Director-General. The celebration is recognized on the calendars of both UNESCO and the United Nations.)

#7494 2022-11-08 00:11:09

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Hi,

#8719. When is the 'African World Heritage Day' declared? (African World Heritage Day is a day declared by United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) to celebrate the cultural and natural heritage of Africa. The day is celebrated on this day each year. UNESCO declared the day in 2018.

Proclaimed by the 38th session of the General Conference of UNESCO (November 2015), African World Heritage Day is an opportunity for people around the world, and particularly Africans, to celebrate the continent's unique cultural and natural heritage.)

#7495 2022-11-09 00:06:41

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Hi,

#8720. When is the 'International Day of Light' celebrated? (As per UNESCO, it signify to strengthen cooperation and leverage its potential to foster peace and development. Light is a universal symbol of life it plays important role in education, science, art, culture, sustainable development, communications, energy and medicine. It is celebrated every year. This is also observed by UNESCO).

#8721. When is the 'World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development' celebrated? (The World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development is a United Nations–sanctioned international holiday for the promotion of diversity and dialogue issues. It is currently celebrated on this day. The United Nations General Assembly proclaimed this holiday due to UNESCO's Universal Declaration on Cultural Diversity in November 2001. It was proclaimed by UN Resolution 57/249.)

#7496 2022-11-09 19:06:51

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Hi,

#8722. What does the term 'Natal astrology' mean?

#8723. What does the term 'Geoarchaeology' mean?

#7497 2022-11-10 15:09:10

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Hi,

#8724. What does the term 'Geobiology' mean?

#8725. What does the term 'Geochronology' mean?

#7498 2022-11-10 15:09:28

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Hi,

#8724. What does the term 'Geobiology' mean?

#8725. What does the term 'Geochronology' mean?

#7499 2022-11-11 14:03:07

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Hi,

#8726. What does the 'Earth science' or 'geoscience' mean?

#8727. What does the term 'Hydrogeology' mean?

#7500 2022-11-12 15:04:08

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Hi.

#8728. What does the term 'Geomorphology' mean?

#8729. What does the term 'Geomythology' mean?

Board footer