Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-11-19 15:26:58

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Bitterness, Bitter End, and Bitter Truth Quotes

Bitterness, Bitter End, Bitter Truth Quotes

1. He who gives away shall have real gain. He who subdues himself shall be free; he shall cease to be a slave of passions. The righteous man casts off evil, and by rooting out lust, bitterness, and illusion do we reach Nirvana. - Buddha

2. Never succumb to the temptation of bitterness. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

3. Those who cannot work with their hearts achieve but a hollow, half-hearted success that breeds bitterness all around. - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam

4. It is hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail. - Lech Walesa

5. Sabotage did not involve loss of life, and it offered the best hope for future race relations. Bitterness would be kept to a minimum and, if the policy bore fruit, democratic government could become a reality. - Nelson Mandela

6. It is only hope which is real, and reality is a bitterness and a deceit. - William Makepeace Thackeray

7. Words can be said in bitterness and anger, and often there seems to be an element of truth in the nastiness. And words don't go away, they just echo around. - Jane Goodall

8. I was lucky enough to make four Bond films. It finished in rather shambolic fashion, but I have no bitterness, no resentment. - Pierce Brosnan

9. Our national history has so often filled us with bitterness and the feeling of helplessness. - Lech Walesa

10. Any designer believes his gun is the best, and when its test performance is a bit less impressive compared to others, he feels bitterness and envy. - Mikhail Kalashnikov

11. We've talked and written about the World War so much that it has almost been purged off. The bitterness is gone. The drama came to an end and it is history. - Gulzar.

12. I mean, I can get things done if I need to, but I can really be completely irresponsible and procrastinate until the very, very, very bitter end. In fact, sometimes I work better under pressure. - Cameron Diaz

13. As much as the South African racist regime is prepared to fight to the last man, so are we determined to fight to the bitter end. - Winnie Madikizela-Mandela

14. There is some self-interest behind every friendship. There is no friendship without self-interests. This is a bitter truth. - Chanakya

15. She gave up beauty in her tender youth, gave all her hope and joy and pleasant ways; she covered up her eyes lest they should gaze on vanity, and chose the bitter truth. - Christina Rossetti

pink-gin-label-cutout-2.jpg?ssl=1

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer