Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-11-28 17:20:19

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Block Quotes

Block Quotes

1. Every block of stone has a statue inside it and it is the task of the sculptor to discover it. - Michelangelo

2. There are websites that any government wants to block. The truth about the Internet is that it's extremely hard to block anything - extremely hard. You'll never get perfect blocking. - Bill Gates

3. Law and order exist for the purpose of establishing justice and when they fail in this purpose they become the dangerously structured dams that block the flow of social progress. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

4. I've never tried to block out the memories of the past, even though some are painful. I don't understand people who hide from their past. Everything you live through helps to make you the person you are now. - Sophia Loren

5. I've been through my highs, I've been through my lows; I've been through the gamut of all things in this business. Being too thin. Being bigger. I've been criticized for being on both sides of the scale. It's noise I block out automatically. I love my body. - Christina Aguilera

6. The greatest artist has no conception which a single block of white marble does not potentially contain within its mass, but only a hand obedient to the mind can penetrate to this image. - Michelangelo

7. I don't really know why I started playing as a kid, but I grew up in Queens, New York, not too far from Forest Hills, where they played the U.S. Open in those days. I even got to be a ball boy there. Also, there was a tennis court just a block away from our house, and I'd hang out down there. - John McEnroe

8. The rain-cum-solar energy centre functioning in Chennai is a source of credible public information on rainwater harvesting and solar energy use. Such centres need to be replicated in all our cities, towns and block headquarters. - M. S. Swaminathan

9. If your child is starting a new school, walk around your block and get to know the neighborhood children. - Chuck Norris

10. My grandmother, Betty Bertha Bright, lived in the Armenian block in Kolkata. After '36 Chowringhee Lane,' we haven't seen that part of the city in films. - Pooja Bhatt

11. When I walk through that gate to the court, that's my escape. I block out everything, good and bad. - Maria Sharapova

12. I promised myself that I'd never actually admit to listening to 'New Kids on the Block.' - Alicia Keys

13. Everybody in Spain is sick of me. But in America, there's curiosity about the new kid on the block who doesn't speak English very well. The attention makes me feel vulnerable, which is something I hadn't felt in a while. But I like it. - Javier Bardem

14. When I was fighting communism, there was rapid development of satellite television and cell phones, and communism, to survive, would have to block all these information devices. - Lech Walesa

15. Particularly when I'm batting, I don't really hear anything that's going on. I block it all out. Maybe a little bit when I'm fielding but then again, it's just words. It doesn't affect me. If people want to say things then go for it. - Steve Smith.

e32799ae-5991-4503-a3ef-2ec317b146e3.ddee06857e81acc7f572f436aefad9d2.jpeg?odnHeight=612&odnWidth=612&odnBg=FFFFFF

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer