Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-12-02 16:32:16

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Blow and Blowing Quotes

Blow and Blowing Quotes

1. An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out? - Rene Descartes

2. The earth is supported by the power of truth; it is the power of truth that makes the sun shine and the winds blow; indeed all things rest upon truth. - Chanakya

3. To finish a work? To finish a picture? What nonsense! To finish it means to be through with it, to kill it, to rid it of its soul, to give it its final blow the coup de grace for the painter as well as for the picture. - Pablo Picasso

4. Beware of the man who does not return your blow: he neither forgives you nor allows you to forgive yourself. - George Bernard Shaw

5. Never will the doctrine of spontaneous generation recover from the mortal blow struck by this simple experiment. - Louis Pasteur

6. My friends, whoever has had experience of evils knows how whenever a flood of ills comes upon mortals, a man fears everything; but whenever a divine force cheers on our voyage, then we believe that the same fate will always blow fair. - Aeschylus

7. I haven't been as wild with my money as somebody like me might have been. I've been very safe, very conservative with investments. I don't blow money. I don't have a ton of houses. I know things can go away. I've already had that experience. - Jim Carrey

8. We all have insecurities, and the thing that makes them crippling is that we all have the ability to blow them up into such huge issues in our minds, that we might as well have a facial deformity. It keeps us from really going out there and living our lives, and forgetting about hating yourself and just experiencing the world around you. - Christina Ricci

9. I think when you love a child, it's a different kind of love. You think, 'I love more every day. I love more every day, more every day, I couldn't possibly love any more, I'm going to blow up.' And then you blow up. Your chest actually starts to hurt. You love so much, you think I can't love any more. - Sharon Stone

10. I take rejection as someone blowing a bugle in my ear to wake me up and get going, rather than retreat. - Sylvester Stallone

11. Nirvana is not the blowing out of the candle. It is the extinguishing of the flame because day is come. - Rabindranath Tagore

12. I pass my life in preventing the storm from blowing down the tent, and I drive in the pegs as fast as they are pulled up. - Abraham Lincoln

13. A new breeze is blowing, and a world refreshed by freedom seems reborn; for in man's heart, if not in fact, the day of the dictator is over. The totalitarian era is passing, its old ideas blown away like leaves from an ancient, lifeless tree. - George H. W. Bush

14. Terrorists are not following Islam. Killing people and blowing up people and dropping bombs in places and all this is not the way to spread the word of Islam. So people realize now that all Muslims are not terrorists. - Muhammad Ali

15. Asceticism doesn't lie in ascetic robes or in walking staff nor in the ashes. Asceticism doesn't lie in the earring nor in the shaven head nor blowing a conch. Asceticism lies in remaining pure amidst impurities. - Guru Nanak

16. I was punished for blowing the whistle on my father's lifestyle. - Tatum O'Neal.

Girl_blowing_bubbles.jpg?w=1000&h=667&q=50

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer