Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-01-14 21:35:54

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Both Quotes - II

Both Quotes - II

1. Every truth has two sides; it is as well to look at both, before we commit ourselves to either. - Aesop

2. Standing in the middle of the road is very dangerous; you get knocked down by the traffic from both sides. - Margaret Thatcher

3. I don't like to commit myself about heaven and hell - you see, I have friends in both places. - Mark Twain

4. The first panacea for a mismanaged nation is inflation of the currency; the second is war. Both bring a temporary prosperity; both bring a permanent ruin. But both are the refuge of political and economic opportunists. - Ernest Hemingway

5. Neither a lofty degree of intelligence nor imagination nor both together go to the making of genius. Love, love, love, that is the soul of genius. - Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

6. Success and failure are both part of life. Both are not permanent. - Shah Rukh Khan

7. Flattery corrupts both the receiver and the giver. - Edmund Burke

8. Let both sides seek to invoke the wonders of science instead of its terrors. Together let us explore the stars, conquer the deserts, eradicate disease, tap the ocean depths, and encourage the arts and commerce. - John F. Kennedy

9. The eye of the master will do more work than both his hands. - Benjamin Franklin

10. Every mind must make its choice between truth and repose. It cannot have both. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

11. Dogmatism and skepticism are both, in a sense, absolute philosophies; one is certain of knowing, the other of not knowing. What philosophy should dissipate is certainty, whether of knowledge or ignorance. - Bertrand Russell

12. Both old and young alike ought to seek wisdom: the former in order that, as age comes over him, he may be young in good things because of the grace of what has been, and the latter in order that, while he is young, he may at the same time be old, because he has no fear of the things which are to come. - Epicurus.

gettyimages-1199863511.jpg?update-time=1666978437219&size=responsive970

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer