Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-01-16 17:42:24

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Both Quotes - IV

Both Quotes - IV

1. He that gives good advice, builds with one hand; he that gives good counsel and example, builds with both; but he that gives good admonition and bad example, builds with one hand and pulls down with the other. - Francis Bacon

2. I have nothing new to teach the world. Truth and Non-violence are as old as the hills. All I have done is to try experiments in both on as vast a scale as I could. - Mahatma Gandhi

3. Both the man of science and the man of action live always at the edge of mystery, surrounded by it. - J. Robert Oppenheimer

4. A studio is like a meditation room where music is created. And a live performance is the place where the creation of the studio is taken ahead. I love both. - Shreya Ghoshal

5. A peace is of the nature of a conquest; for then both parties nobly are subdued, and neither party loser. - William Shakespeare

6. For me, privacy and security are really important. We think about it in terms of both: You can't have privacy without security. - Larry Page

7. There are accents in the eye which are not on the tongue, and more tales come from pale lips than can enter an ear. It is both the grandeur and the pain of the remoter moods that they avoid the pathway of sound. - Thomas Hardy

8. If the great American people will only keep their temper, on both sides of the line, the troubles will come to an end, and the question which now distracts the country will be settled just as surely as all other difficulties of like character which have originated in this government have been adjusted. - Abraham Lincoln

9. We care for each other and care about our family, and we are both working towards the same goal. - Angelina Jolie

10. Poets are like baseball pitchers. Both have their moments. The intervals are the tough things. - Robert Frost

11. I had been taught that if I cried, to be quiet about it, so whereas I never howled, the least thing made me cry both at school and at home. Crying tends to separate a child from other children, for even children dislike a cry baby, and I had no friends in the world. - Frederick Banting

12. My dad used to have an expression - 'It is the lucky person who gets up in the morning, puts both feet on the floor, knows what they are about to do, and thinks it still matters.' - Joe Biden.

double-arrow-bifurcation-to-both-sides.svg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer