Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-04-28 20:12:34

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

British Quotes - II

Britain Quotes - II

1. I hope that tomorrow we can all, wherever we are, join in expressing our grief at Diana's loss, and gratitude for her all-too-short life. It is a chance to show to the whole world the British nation united in grief and respect. - Queen Elizabeth II

2. If people don't like Marxism, they should blame the British Museum. - Mikhail Gorbachev

3. Well British troops are superb in the field in terms of conflict. - John Major

4. I like the best of the British press. The best of the British press is very good. - John Major

5. If we left the European Union, it would be a one-way ticket, not a return. So we will have time for a proper, reasoned debate. At the end of that debate you, the British people, will decide. - David Cameron

6. King Louis Philippe once said to me that he attributed the great success of the British nation in political life to their talking politics after dinner. - Benjamin Disraeli

7. I grew up with British rock. - Bryan Adams

8. I do like British guys. If I had to pick one it would be Ewan McGregor. I met him once and he was gorgeous, even if he is a little short. He has the most amazing charisma. - Eva Longoria

9. I'm highly political. I spend an awful lot of time in the U.S. trying to influence decision-makers. But I don't feel in tune with British politics. - Jane Goodall

10. I feel the Conservatives are doing really well both in attracting votes from British Indians and also having successful British Indians in the party. - Rishi Sunak

11. I think the majority of the British people are still sanguine about the need for war. - John Major

12. There is a clear political desire to rebalance the British economy away from London towards the regions, and away from the services sector towards manufacturing. - Rishi Sunak.

iStock-940400824.UKFlag.blog_.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer