Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-04-29 21:13:01

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

British Quotes - III

British Quotes - III

1. My unbeaten record and the 10 British Open wins have not been equalled. - Jahangir Khan

2. I think it's sort of a rite of passage for a British actor to try and get the American accent and have a good crack at doing that. - Orlando Bloom

3. Much of what passes for quality on British television is no more than a reflection of the narrow elite which controls it and has always thought that its tastes were synonymous with quality. - Rupert Murdoch

4. I thought, If people are going to write about what I'm wearing, then I would wear young British designers who need the publicity. - Emma Watson

5. My skin still crawls if you call me a movie star. I get embarrassed. I think, don't be ridiculous. Maybe it's because I'm British. To me, Julia Roberts that's a movie star. But when people do call me one, that, I think, is an enormous compliment but, my God, is that a responsibility! - Kate Winslet

6. You know, not even your British Queen is called just Elizabeth - she's Elizabeth the Second. There's only one Imelda. - Imelda Marcos

7. I'm proud to be British. - Roger Moore

8. I come from a political family. My father was a freedom fighter. He was a prominent leader of the locality and member of the Congress party. He spent 10 years in British prisons. In the evening, in our living room, the only subject we used to discuss was politics. So politics was not unfamiliar to me. - Pranab Mukherjee

9. At the height of the British Empire very few English novels were written that dealt with British power. It's extraordinary that at the moment in which England was the global superpower the subject of British power appeared not to interest most writers. - Salman Rushdie

10. Uncontrolled, mass immigration displaces British workers, forces people onto benefits, and suppresses wages for the low-paid. - Theresa May

11. The U.K. needs a system for family migration underpinned by three simple principles. One: that those who come here should do so on the basis of a genuine relationship. Two: that migrants should be able to pay their way. And three: that they are able to integrate into British society. - Theresa May

12. I am not a British isolationist. I don't just want a better deal for Britain. I want a better deal for Europe too. - David Cameron.

shutterstock-160149389.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer