Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-05-24 17:28:38

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Brought Quotes - II

Brought Quotes - II

1. I don't believe in honors - it bothers me. Honors bother: honors is epaulettes; honors is uniforms. My papa brought me up this way. - Richard P. Feynman

2. A man becomes what he dreams. And I dreamed of being in the movies. I was brought up on Steve McQueen, Clint Eastwood, Warren Beatty, and Cary Grant. - Pierce Brosnan

3. I have been brought up and trained to have the utmost contempt for people who get drunk. - Winston Churchill

4. There are a number of women who have brought about immense change in society. - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam

5. Peace is not a relationship of nations. It is a condition of mind brought about by a serenity of soul. Peace is not merely the absence of war. It is also a state of mind. Lasting peace can come only to peaceful people. - Jawaharlal Nehru

6. Little else is requisite to carry a state to the highest degree of opulence from the lowest barbarism but peace, easy taxes, and a tolerable administration of justice: all the rest being brought about by the natural course of things. - Adam Smith

7. I conceive that the great part of the miseries of mankind are brought upon them by false estimates they have made of the value of things. - Benjamin Franklin

8. My mom brought me up to believe that my talent is a gift and a blessing. - Christina Aguilera

9. I balanced all, brought all to mind, the years to come seemed waste of breath, a waste of breath the years behind, in balance with this life, this death. - William Butler Yeats

10. I was ever of the opinion, that the honest man who married and brought up a large family, did more service than he who continued single, and only talked of population. - Oliver Goldsmith

11. The spirit is there in every boy; it has to be discovered and brought to light. - Robert Baden-Powell

12. As a woman leader, I thought I brought a different kind of leadership. I was interested in women's issues, in bringing down the population growth rate... as a woman, I entered politics with an additional dimension - that of a mother. - Benazir Bhutto.

man-holding-flowers-7198-7068ed6377978b6f381c5dfa218bec05@1x.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer