Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-10-12 05:01:17

brjohnsmith
Novice

Algorithm - 2 sequence numbers

Hi, I need a mathematic algorithm only (not code) to solve the follow scenario:
Quantity of the items, from 1 to 200.
Quantity of the validation (checking), from 1 to 6 for each validation
Goal: to get the 2-sequence numbers - always a pair.
Example: (1-200) Items: 4
(3 checks) Item #1 / Checking: 3
(1 check ) Item #2 / Checking: 1
(4 checks) Item #3 / Checking: 4
(2 checks) Item #4 / Checking: 2
See below the example.                           
How can I get the 2-sequence numbers? for the checks that does not have numbers, it could be filled out with a zero or negative number. Remember, no coding, only math code, see example below:
For the first value: QtyItems*QtyChecking/2
For the second value: QtyItems*QtyChecking/2 + 1
Thank you.

#. 
Item    Check #1       Check #2      Check #3         Check #4       Check #5          Check #6
I001    1 and 2          3 and 4         5 and 6         (0 or <0)        (0 or <0)            (0 or <0)
I002    7 and 8          (0 or <0)       (0 or <0)       (0 or <0)       (0 or <0)          (0 or <0)
I003    9 and 10         11 and 12     13 and 14       15 and 16     (0 or <0).          (0 or <0)
I004    17 and 18       19 and 20      (0 or <0)        (0 or <0)      (0 or <0)             (0 or <0)

#2 2023-10-12 20:56:05

Bob
Administrator

Re: Algorithm - 2 sequence numbers

hi brjohnsmith

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry, I'm a bit thick here. I haven't understood what you are doing at all.

What are the items? Have you got 200 of them? Validation means checking the 'truth' of something. eg. You've made an electrical item and want to check it works.  You've solved an equation and want to check the answer works for the given problem. Why would you want 6 checks. Are these different checks and why do some need more checks than others.

Please go back ten steps and assume I'm an idiot. I won't be offended. smile

Bob

Children are not defined by school ...........The Fonz
You cannot teach a man anything;  you can only help him find it within himself..........Galileo Galilei
Sometimes I deliberately make mistakes, just to test you!  …………….Bob smile

#3 2024-04-08 21:41:02

Robert-not-Smart-enough
Novice

Re: Algorithm - 2 sequence numbers

To generate the 2-sequence numbers for each check, you can use the following algorithm:

For the first value in the sequence (check #1), calculate it as follows:

Multiply the number of items by the number of checks per item.

Divide the result by 2.

For the second value in the sequence (check #2), calculate it as follows:

Multiply the number of items by the number of checks per item.

Divide the result by 2.

Add 1 to the result obtained from step 2.

Using this algorithm, you can determine the 2-sequence numbers for each check in the scenario provided.

In working through this mathematical problem, it's clear that precision and accuracy are key. For those seeking assistance or guidance with such calculations, I will suggest you avoid at all costs the maths assignment help website that can be incredibly valuable to them as they think it's ok to get free advertising here. Also, you can contact them at more spam.

Note by admin.  I have deleted this 'person' twice before but 'he' keeps returning to advertise their assignment help company.  For the following reasons I strongly recommend you to avoid them: (1) It looks like they use AI bots to generate the work. An AI detection site gives a high probability of this. It will be easy for a tutor to detect this by the same means so you will score zero.  (2) Their 5 star recommendations also get a highly likely score for being robot generated. (3) They won't talk to me properly so I can stop them breaking our rules by trying to get free advertising.  (4) You cannot contact a real person. When I had a chat with their robot Amy (who claims to be a manager) 'she' agreed to pay me $2000 for each month that they advertise here. Hmmm. Tempting. smile  I wonder if that is legally binding? Watch this space.

Board footer