Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-12-28 00:13:33

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Case Quotes - IV

Case Quotes - IV

1. I consider myself sort of like a pseudo lawyer. Like, I'm convinced I can solve every case and argue my way. - Sandra Bullock

2. I'm a nut case, but that is what I believe. - Mike Tyson

3. The years of imprisonment hardened me... Perhaps if you have been given a moment to hold back and wait for the next blow, your emotions wouldn't be blunted as they have been in my case. When it happens every day of your life, when that pain becomes a way of life... there is no longer anything I can fear. - Winnie Madikizela-Mandela

4. Republicans are for both the man and the dollar, but in case of conflict the man before the dollar. - Abraham Lincoln

5. Books constitute capital. A library book lasts as long as a house, for hundreds of years. It is not, then, an article of mere consumption but fairly of capital, and often in the case of professional men, setting out in life, it is their only capital. - Thomas Jefferson

6. The lessons of history would suggest that civilisations move in cycles. You can track that back quite far - the Babylonians, the Sumerians, followed by the Egyptians, the Romans, China. We're obviously in a very upward cycle right now, and hopefully that remains the case. But it may not. - Elon Musk

7. Wealth is not without its advantages and the case to the contrary, although it has often been made, has never proved widely persuasive. - John Kenneth Galbraith

8. When I fly in a helicopter, I insist there be two sets of controls, one for me in case something happens to the pilot. I'm no expert, but I know enough to at least get the thing on the ground. Nothing scares me like the thought of not being in control. - Jack Nicklaus

9. Nothing clears up a case so much as stating it to another person. - Arthur Conan Doyle

10. In the case of Apple, they did originally do production internally, but then along came unbelievably good outsourced manufacturing from companies like Foxconn. We don't have that in the rocket business. There's no Foxconn in the rocket business. - Elon Musk

11. The executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question, whether there is or is not cause for declaring war. - James Madison

12. Every night, you fight for that standing ovation at the end of the night. And if you do something wrong, the domino effect is chaotic. And you must not allow yourself to make mistakes whatsoever. So in that case, theater, it's fascinating because of the discipline that you need. - Ricky Martin.

71DabGXZMeL.SS700.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer