Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-12-28 17:35:31

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Case Quotes - V

Case Quotes - V

1. A people can prosper under a very bad government and suffer under a very good one, if in the first case the local administration is effective and in the second it is inefficient. - Annie Besant

2. I watched, for the 17th and hopefully the last time, The 'Guns of Navarone' on New Year's Eve. I always watch just in case the explosives don't go off in the end. You have to watch the end, just to make sure it's OK. - David Cameron

3. If a Chancellor is trying to push something through, he must be a man of power. And if he's smart, he knows when the time is ripe. In one case - the euro - I was like a dictator... The euro is a synonym for Europe. - Helmut Kohl

4. In such a case secrecy must be absolute to be effective, and although mere vague curiosity induced many persons of my intimate acquaintance to ask to be allowed to just go in and have a peep, I never admitted anyone. - Henry Bessemer

5. Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. - R. Buckminster Fuller

6. Will is nothing more than a particular case of the general doctrine of association of ideas, and therefore a perfectly mechanical thing. - Joseph Priestley

7. To punish a man because we infer from the nature of some doctrine which he holds, or from the conduct of other persons who hold the same doctrines with him, that he will commit a crime, is persecution, and is, in every case, foolish and wicked. - Thomas Babington Macaulay

8. I believe this uranium business will give the Anglo-Saxons such tremendous power that Europe will become a bloc under Anglo-Saxon domination. If that is the case, it will be a very good thing. I wonder whether Stalin will be able to stand up to the others as he has done in the past. - Werner Heisenberg

9. In any case, you can't turn back the clock. - Michel Patini

10. It is a common enough case, that of a man being suddenly captivated by a woman nearly the opposite of his ideal. - George Eliot

11. I've never canceled a subscription to a newspaper because of bad cartoons or editorials. If that were the case, I wouldn't have any newspapers or magazines to read. - Richard M. Nixon

12. I love to put on lotion. Sometimes I'll watch TV and go into a lotion trance for an hour. I try to find brands that don't taste bad in case anyone wants to taste me. - Angelina Jolie.

pelican-waterproof-lens-photographer-case.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer