Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-01-11 19:11:29

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Catastrophe Quotes

Catastrophe Quotes

1. Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe. - H. G. Wells

2. We're running the most dangerous experiment in history right now, which is to see how much carbon dioxide the atmosphere... can handle before there is an environmental catastrophe. - Elon Musk

3. The unleashed power of the atom has changed everything save our modes of thinking and we thus drift toward unparalleled catastrophe. - Albert Einstein

4. A hundred times have I thought New York is a catastrophe and 50 times: It is a beautiful catastrophe. - Le Corbusier

5. In 1906, just as we were definitely giving up the old shed laboratory where we had been so happy, there came the dreadful catastrophe which took my husband away from me and left me alone to bring up our children and, at the same time, to continue our work of research. - Marie Curie

6. History is a race between education and catastrophe. - H. G. Wells

7. The economy in Ireland has been rampaging ahead for the last 15 years. Barring an international, political or natural catastrophe, things can only get better for the Irish. - Eddie Murphy

8. Of course, it's a dream to go to Mars. I want to find out whether there was life there or not. And if there was, then why did it die out? What sort of catastrophe happened? - Valentina Tereshkova

9. Shifting towards low-carbon energy systems can avert climate catastrophe while creating new opportunities for investment, growth, and employment. - Kofi Annan

YJ4CGJDVANJENAF7ARBH2I5OUU.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer