Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-01-18 00:53:54

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Category Quotes - I

Category Quotes - I

1. Despair is typical of those who do not understand the causes of evil, see no way out, and are incapable of struggle. The modern industrial proletariat does not belong to the category of such classes. - Vladimir Lenin

2. You know the old saying: you win some, you lose some... and then there's that little-known third category. - Al Gore

3. I think there are going to be a bunch of tablet-like devices. It's really a different product category. - Jeff Bezos

4. There are three types of words: words we all know, words we should know, and words nobody knows. Don't use the third category. - John Grisham

5. I think aerobatic flying is athletic. I don't do aerobatic flying, but I would put that in a category of a sport. I would put regular flying in the category of an art or machine-type thing. - John Travolta

6. I don't think it's anything you ever get used to... for many years, I could never sort of put my name in the same sort of category as the word 'famous' or anything like that. And I just found it very uncomfortable... if you get used to it, then something must be wrong. - Johnny Depp

7. Some people would claim that things like love, joy and beauty belong to a different category from science and can't be described in scientific terms, but I think they can now be explained by the theory of evolution. - Stephen Hawking

8. There are some people who feel that they deserve a particular award or recognition, but I don't fall in that category. - Mithali Raj

9. I feel that when the reforms in UN take place and the Security Council will be expanded in the permanent membership category, India will have a place, I hope so, but first it is to be expanded. - Pranab Mukherjee

10. The leader of genius must have the ability to make different opponents appear as if they belonged to one category. - Adolf Hitler

11. Many people find their calling very early in their lives. These are the kind of people we read about in school books and newspapers. Then there are some who don't have a clue of what they want to do in their lives; I am belong to the latter category. - Dhanush

12. Viggo Mortensen had the biggest impact on me in terms of approach, dedication, intention, and artistic outlook, and I'm nowhere close to how good he is as an artist, and I wouldn't even put myself in the same category as an actor. - Orlando Bloom.

CategoryManagementDiagram.png

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer