Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-02-18 00:39:50

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Censor, Censored and Censorship Quotes

Censor, Censored and Censorship Quotes

1. Difference of opinion is advantageous in religion. The several sects perform the office of a Censor - over each other. - Thomas Jefferson

2. Both the American people and nations that censor the internet should understand that our government is committed to helping promote internet freedom. - Hillary Clinton

3. Self-censorship is a lie to yourself; if you are going to be trying to seriously create art, to create literary art, and you decide to hold back, to censor yourself, then you are a fool to yourself and it would be better that you kept your mouth shut and did not speak. - Salman Rushdie

4. I don't regret anything I ever do or say. I don't like to live my life being censored. I like to say what I feel, and I think people respect that because you're honest. - Eva Longoria

5. The first condition of progress is the removal of censorship. - George Bernard Shaw

6. There is a fine line between censorship and good taste and moral responsibility. - Steven Spielberg

7. Censorship is the thing that stops you doing what you want to do, and what writers want to talk about is what they do, not what stops them doing it. - Salman Rushdie

8. Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads. - George Bernard Shaw

9. Censorship should never go. But we can always give a little more space to the director. - Mani Ratnam.

Internet_censorship_hero.png

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer